One of my absolute favorite parts of spring and summer is the fresh produce that abounds. Since I live in the city, the freshest I can get comes from the weekend farmer’s markets with crates and tables filled to the brim with local goodies. Every time I go, I can’t think of a better place to look for celebration inspiration. Here are five ideas of how to incorporate the farmer’s market into your next fete:
1. Forgo centerpieces of flowers in favor of a mix of vibrantly colored fruits and vegetables arranged organically.
2. Go buffet style with the menu and display the food as if it were at a market, placed on long tables filled with wooden crates and baskets.
3. Base the menu on local ingredients.
4. Use flour sack towels as napkins for a more casual feel.
5. Hand out market totes as your favor and encourage guests to fill with the produce and flowers used for decoration.
We are over-the-moon happy to have this guest post from Melanie at You Are My Fave. She always has the coolest party planning and DIY project ideas. Seriously, even if you are just having a tiny dinner party, go check out her fabulous concepts–she is an event genius!