Try this fun idea for favors! Set up a mini flower market at your reception for guests to take bundles of greens, herbs or flowers. Total cost: Less than $1 a favor (for greens).
greens or flowers
water vials and cellophane (if you are using flowers or sensitive greens)
1. Bundle together the greens. If you are using flowers, place a few stems of blooms in water vials.
2. Wrap in newspaper. We used Le Monde Diplomatique because the paper is extra thick and shiny. You can find it at large bookstores or newspaper shops.
3. Cut a small square of newspaper and wrap the greens. Secure with twine. If you are using flowers, add a layer of cellophane on top of the newspaper.
4. Place in small buckets.We found ours at IKEA.
5. Optional: Add a flag that says, “Pick a Bouquet!”. Just cut a flag shape out of some heavy paper and write or print out the words. Attach to a twig with tape.
Assemble a day or two before for greens. If you are using flowers you will want to assemble this the night before. Keep in a cool dark place until ready for use.
Any of the florists or wedding planners in the mywedding.com directory can help you!
Oh, how we love Frolic! Chelsea’s daily inspiration blog is always chock-full of pretty ideas that feel effortless and chic. So, we’re so happy that she is posting DIY projects that are easy to do while packing a big punch.