The fact that 50% of all marriages end in divorce is usually a statistic that most couples choose to downplay while planning their wedding. Well, for those whose glasses are apparently half-empty, we give you the top 5 breakup songs most often used as first dances (drum roll, please):
- Every Breath You Take – The only couple this song is appropriate for is the one you see cutting each otherâ€™s steaks at restaurants and intentionally speaking in unison( you know who you are). We can only hope they opted to take advantage of premarital counseling.
- My Heart Will Go On – This sweeping Celine ballad certainly doesnâ€™t lack for dramatic romance, but also implies that only one of you is getting out of this marriage alive. Maybe rethink amending your life insurance policy for awhileâ€¦
- The Dance – Garth Brooksâ€™ classic downer reflects on a failed romance that was worth the journey. Best case scenario: Your bride wasnâ€™t thinking about you when she chose the song. Worst case scenario: Who the hell was she thinking about?
- Nothing Compares 2 U – At least she is going to REALLY miss you after you leave her.
- I Will Always Love You – You are REALLY going to miss HER and all she plans on taking with her is â€œbittersweet memories.” Ouch.