Breakfast for dinner anyone? Thank you to allrecipes for sharing!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives
- chopped cooked ham (optional)
- sliced jalapeno peppers (optional)
- chopped tomatoes (optional)
- 12 eggs, scrambled
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the onion until tender.
- Spread Cheddar cheese in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Layer with mushrooms, olives, sauteed onion, ham, tomatoes, and jalapeno peppers. In a bowl, scramble eggs together with milk, and season with salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over ingredients, but do not stir.
- Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until no longer runny in the center and slightly brown on top. Allow to cool slightly, then cut into squares and serve.