Bow ties and pocket squares and skinny ties, oh my! April Look has just about the coolest selection of men’s accessories I’ve seen in awhile. Understated but also interesting, their collection of bow ties are reversible. And the selection of pocket squares would be especially ideal with guys rocking more casual suits on their wedding day (like linen or seersucker). For those men that love a skinny tie, the seafoam one below is pretty cool, dontcha think? I admit that its 80s retro vibe had me humming Huey Lewis and the News for the rest of the afternoon.
Paisley tie and purple shirt: Clayton Austin Love Stories
Chocolate and cappuccino spread favor: Beautiful Day Photography
Blue bridesmaid’s dresses and purple shoes: Jerry Yoon Photography
Ring bearer pillow: Y & E Bridal
Hanging flower decor: The City Cradle
Bride with beautiful bouquet: Jessica’s Country Flowers
Take a step outside the box and rock a boutonniere that’s all about your style. From exotic flowers to miniature guitars, pretty much anything can be used to create a one-of-a-kind lapel accent.
Calla lily with miniature fern curl: Sweet Monday Photography
Collage of six hobby / interest inspired boutonnieres: Rosenow Floral Design
Exotic floral pieces: Dellables
Yellow rose with rustic accents: A Bryan Photography
Black calla lily with berry buds and white flower with pewter ribbon wrap: Aria Style
Electric guitar with feathers & bowling inspired: Rockrose Floral Design
Okay, sure, there’s a reason that there isn’t a “Here Comes the Groom” processional. And, it’s pretty rare to hear, “Always a groomsman, never a groom.” Still, even the boys want to have some fun these days when it comes to getting gussied up for the big day. Gone are the days of the rudimentary tux. These days grooms are stepping up with their own signature style.
One way to up the fashion ante is with the ties for the groom and groomsmen. Between the trend of a more personalized presence on weddings and the advent of the bow tie craze, even the guys have loads of options these days.
Here’s a roundup of…
Blame it on too much Rachel Zoe and her Rodger stylings but I’m starting to have a real hankering for a man in an ascot. It looks pulled together yet still avant garde; dashing but still very modern. And for a wedding? Ba.Na.Nas. (Oh, I didn’t mention that Sarah and I have a wee bit of an addiction? ‘Cause we do.)
Well, some things are just meant to be and the other day when I was out running (yes, like the out-of-breath kind) I happened upon a street fair and, lo and behold, there was ascot upon glorious ascot. Ceravelo, a just launched brand out of San Francisco, has taken the classic look of the dashing…
Happy Friday! The java hasn’t quite kicked in yet, so until it does, take a re-look at this gorgeous wedding in Palm Springs by Beautiful Day Photography.
How did the two of you meet? Tell us your story:
Adam and I were both dating other people and met one night at my friend’s restaurant. We were hooked from that moment. We became each others’ other half…honestly…it’s an incredible feeling to know within minutes that this is the one you want to spend the rest of your life with. I feel like we are twin souls…that we have known each other long before we met.
What was the theme | design inspiration for your wedding?
We are both…
Whether you’re planning a casual beachside event or an elegant black tie affair in a grand ballroom, it’s important that your attire (and your bridal party’s!) match the style and feel of your Green wedding. Luckily, you don’t have to sacrifice your look to make greener choices.
Wedding attire is typically made up of one-time wear pieces, and many wedding gowns are made from unsustainable materials that are often dipped in bleach and chemicals. Bridesmaid dresses retire to the closet after just a few hours of wear, and unfortunately, formal tuxedos don’t really lend themselves to everyday wear.
To help you and your bridal party get the look you want on your wedding day, check out…
- Cuba and Anna's Offbeat Very Community-Oriented Wedding
- Mitch and Tara’s San Luis Obispo Outdoor Wedding
- Unique Boutonniere Ideas
- Eco-friendly Heart Plugs from Omerica
- Color Board: Ivory and Maroon
- Color Board: Royal Purples and Blues
- Keith and Alicia’s Special Day
- Fit to be Tied: An Etsy Round-up Filled With Ties Galore!
- Color Board: Orange Dreamsicles
- Inspiration Board: Urban Music Wedding Scene
- Customizable Location Cuff Links from TomatoMade
- Elliot and Heather Marry in Jackson, MS
- Roman and Lauren Marry in Pennsylvania
- Palm Springs Lawn Wedding by Beautiful Day Photography
- Channing and Cara’s Tropical Wedding in Guanacaste, Costa Rica
- Color Board: Mocha and Blues
- Meeko and Emily’s Hilltop Wedding in Tiburon, CA
- A Jaunty Polka-dot Wedding in Leeds, England by Anna Hardy
- Anne and Mathias' Timeless San Francisco Wedding
- Dashing Ascots for Your Groomsmen and Groom from Ceravelo
- Color Board: Pewter and Grey
- Color Board: Navy Blue and Yellow
- Super-Cool, Traditionally Crafted Bow Ties from Pierrepont Hicks
- Five Simple Way to Green Your Wedding Attire from the Green Bride Guide
- Color Board: Black as Night