Erin from Host-It Notes hosts the ultimate party blog, full of ideas, inspiration and DIY tutorials for just about every kind of party. So, you can imagine we’re totally over the moon with the gorgeous, engagement inspiration shoot she’s put together exclusively for Delightfully Engaged! Swoon!
When a couple gets engaged, what’s the first thing you want to do after the initial hugs and congratulations are over? Raise a glass of something fizzy in their honor! Rather than make a beeline for the local bar, use this impulse as inspiration for a fun and fabulous engagement party. I used champagne-themed touches and DIY projects to capture the excitement in a Break Out the…
Photographer (and proud maid-of-honor) Dana Fernandez recently hosted a bridal shower for her friend Natalie. And the event is full of inspiration for those of you looking to host your own event. Affordable and DIY’ed decorations included spray painted wine bottles as vases, potted succulents as favors, and a boa and veil-covered chair for the guest of honor!
Rentals provided by Bourbon & Bloom.
We know it may be hard and even frustrating to locate resources to create an exceptional Hawaiian destination wedding. But, relax. Take a look at these five steps, and put them into action in your own wedding planning, and make your dreams a reality.
Select your team
Evaluate your Hawaiian vendors carefully:
• Comb through their portfolio, on their website and Pinterest. Do they demonstrate versatility? Is there inventiveness and creativity in their work?
• Are they as capable as designers as they are in planning and coordination, or must you hire another party to provide design service?
• Do they offer a complimentary consultation? If so, you can get a solid feel if you…
As the average marriage age for U.S. couples increases, more couples no longer need a department store wedding registry. If you already have the pots and pans, bathmats, and mixers and want an amazing honeymoon, consider a honeymoon registry instead.
While asking for cash is primarily still seen as a faux pas, a real honeymoon registry takes all the possible etiquette blunders out of the equation. The main difference between a honeymoon registry and a store registry is that the honeymoon registry generally has experiential rather than household presents on the list. But the lists look very much the same. Watch the video below to get a tour on getting started with Honeymoon Wishes and what…
Send an Eco-Friendly Invitation
Set an all-natural garden inspired tone for the bridal shower with a beautiful invitation printed on 100% recycled paper.
Summer Harvest Wreath Invitations, ForeverFiances’
Feed Them Sustainable Treats
A garden party is not complete without a sweet spread of pastries, jams, cakes and more! Try an adorable spring color combination like purple and yellow.
These organic sugar roses are available in your choice of flavor and color. Select your flavor and color and add a pretty flower wherever you use sugar: on your cakes, cupcakes, in iced and hot tea, coffee, cocoa, lemonade, fruits and berries and champagne and cider!
Erin from Host-It Notes hosts the ultimate party blog, full of ideas, inspiration and DIY tutorials for just about every kind of party. So, you can imagine we’re totally over the moon with the gorgeous bridal shower inspiration shoot she’s put together exclusively for Delightfully Engaged!
Citrus Spa Bridal Shower Inspiration Shoot
Pamper your family and friends, not to mention the bride, with a citrus spa themed bridal shower. Let orange, yellow and lime green be the colors of the day. Incorporate fresh citrus fruits into your decor. To give your event that relaxing spa feel, mix in other greens like bamboo or live plants and ferns Dim the lights and play soothing instrumental…
These playful candy bags make great favors for a wedding, shower or party!
Total cost for each is around .50.
Colored mini paper bags (ours are from Michael’s)
1. Write names (with table numbers if needed) on each bag.
2. Cut the sides of the bag about an inch at the top.
3. Fill with candy.
4. Fluff the top, gather, and tie with string.
Tips: Fluff out the top of the bag to make it look festive and keep the strings long.
No time? Buy it: Martha Stewart Candy Bags from Michael’s
Oh, how we love Frolic! Chelsea’s daily inspiration blog is always chock-full of pretty ideas that feel effortless and chic. So, we’re so happy that she’ll be posting DIY projects that easy to do while packing a big punch.
- Inspiration Board: Kitchen Themed Bridal Shower
- Book of Love Inspiration Shoot by Host-It Notes
- Outfit Ideas for Your Upcoming Engagement Parties
- DIY (sort of): Dolling Up Your Cupcakes with Ticings
- Lordy-They’re-Cute Proposal Dolls from Momiji
- Erica and Getting Engaged Your Way
- Violins and Vows DIY Rehearsal Dinner Theme from Host-It Notes
- Lovely Inspiration for a Rainy Thursday Afternoon
- Inspiration Board: Tangerine and Fuchsia
- Stop the Presses! Some Serious Fun Just Crossed My Inbox
- Plan Your Hawaiian Destination Wedding with Maile Weddings!
- Newly Engaged? Kick Off Your Green Wedding Planning!
- Katie and Brent's Charleston, SC Rehearsal Dinner by Juliet Elizabeth Photography
- Veggie Brunch Bridal Shower Inspiration Board
- A Very Glamorous Engagement Session from forget.me.knot.weddings
- A San Francisco Day After Shoot from Emily Takes Photos
- Crepe Cakes are Making It Impossible for Me to Focus
- Citrus Spa Themed Bridal Shower Inspiration Shoot by Erin from Host-It Notes
- Canvas Wall Art Featuring Your Vows and Photos
- An Indian-Themed Rehearsal Dinner Idea from Maharani Weddings
- Aromatherapy for Stressed Out Honeymooners
- A Pretty Backyard Bridal Shower by Dana Fernandez Photography
- Wizard of Oz Bridal Shower
- A Garden Party Bridal Shower Captured by Faithfully Focused Photography
- Inspiration Board: Western Style Wedding