My love for succulents started a few years ago when I realized, after managing to drown several hundred dollars worth of houseplants, that my mother’s green thumb had skipped a generation. Fortunately, my local nursery turned me on to succulents which are beautiful, interesting, and most importantly, nearly impossible to kill.
Imagine my delight when I started seeing them become the new “it” plant to incorporate into bouquets, arrangements, and DIY-inspired potted plant place cards! Succulents provide the perfect juxtaposition to more delicate and frilly flowers, while still keeping the look feminine and summery. And for grooms looking for a less traditional boutonniere (but not willing to go the skull and crossbones route), succulents are a super cool alternative.
Centerpiece (top left): Jose Villa Photography
Potted plant (top center): Design Sponge
Place cards (top right): The Sweetest Occasion
Centerpiece (bottom left): Dandelion Ranch
Boutonniere (bottom right): Stephanie Williams Photography
- A Little Bit O' Summery: Bridal Bouquet Inspiration Board
- Gorgeous Utah Inspiration Shoot from Gideon Photography
- Inspiration Board: Raspberry and Teal
- Southern-Inspired Bridal Shower Inspiration Board
- A Wheatgrass Centerpiece with Chelsea from Frolic!
- A DIY Potted Centerpiece from Chelsea at Frolic!
- Inspiration Board: A Modern Carnival Theme
- Christmas Wrapping Inspiration Board
- Put a Bird On It: An Offbeat Bride Inspiration Board
- Florals for Your Green Wedding
- Color Board: Greens
- Happy First Day of Spring Inspiration Board
- Win 100 Wedding Invitation Suites from Minted!
- Farm to Table Centerpieces by Chelsea from Frolic
- Coral and Pink Inspiration Board
- A Taste of Italy Inspiration Board
- Wizard of Oz Bridal Shower
- Trend We Love: Carnival Chic
- The Ultimate Preppy Bridal Shower Inspiration Board
- Summer High Tea Bridesmaid Luncheon Inspiration Board
- A Kwanzaa Inspiration Board from Wedding Nouveau
- Pops of Orange Inspiration Board
- Stylish Chevron Inspiration Board and Etsy Round-Up
- Holey Matrimony: A Doughnut Inspiration Board
- Meeko and Emily’s Hilltop Wedding in Tiburon, CA