Happy Friday! This inspiration shoot has me craving licorice allsorts with a cuppa black tea! Check out this session, designed by some very talented Portland, OR vendors. After all, what else are you going to do on a Friday afternoon? Work?
Thoughts from Jennifer Fox at Perfect Planning Weddings and Events:
This inspiration comes from the simple essence of being a girl! For this shoot, we really wanted to take a feminine flare with our décor and theme and focus on the classy frills and lace so often paired with being a woman. The theme was infused with girly floral and candy-inspired décor pieces. This shoot was fun and flirty, while capturing the gorgeous beauty of a woman’s taste.
The Governor Hotel has a fascinating history. At one point it was The Elks Club; when converted into the current hotel the spaces on the second floor received their names based off the previous usage by the Elks Club. The Fireside Room at The Governor Hotel is one of favorite spaces in Portland; due to its feminine color palette and details. Originally, this was the only room women were allowed be un-escorted. The room featured a two way mirror (which has since been converted) so that the men could peek in on what the women were doing from the neighboring Lodge Room. The space was perfect to tie in the grand and elegant features of the girly theme we were going for. Every girl deep down wants to be the princess on her wedding day, and what better way to escalate her true royalty than the Governor Hotel! This antique and lush space was perfect for our inspiration and shot at the level and beauty that aligned with our theme.
The photographs were captured by David Barss Photography and represent the essence of classic beauty and lush details of the shoot. The rich textures and subtle colors were brought alive by each image.
The floral arrangements were mainly a collection of apothecary jars, flowers, candy, and candles. The luscious décor mimics the theme flawlessly and supports the art of being a woman. The antiqued girly flare to this tablescape was made possible through East-West Floral and Barclay Event Rentals.
The bride in this shoot was wearing a beautiful form-fitting Pronovias gown from Bridal Exclusives. The gown was adorned with lace and frill, while supporting a sweetheart neckline. The dress was able to celebrate the curves of a woman’s body and the classic beauty and elegance of the gown seemed to perfectly fit the theme.
Coordination: Perfect Planning Weddings & Events
Floral: East West Floral Arts
Photography: David Barss Photography
Venue: The Governor Hotel- The Fireside Room
Rentals: Barclay Event Rentals
Chocolates: SJ Dessert Company
Dress: Bridal Exclusives
- Inspiration Board: Pretty Pinwheels
- Color Board: Apple & Blackberry
- Unique Boutonniere Ideas
- Simple Centerpiece Inspiration Board
- Sponsored Post: $50 Giveaway and a Classic Black & White Inspiration Board from Beau-coup
- Color Board: Orange Dreamsicles
- Painted Mason Jar Inspiration Board
- Color Board: Peaches and Cream
- Put a Bird On It: An Offbeat Bride Inspiration Board
- Inspiration Board: Kitchen Themed Bridal Shower
- Earthy & Energizing Color Inspiration Board from Megan at Offbeat Bride
- Color Board: Yellow and Black
- Summer Quilt Inspiration Board
- Inspiration Board: Fall Centerpieces
- Inspiration Board: Fiesta Flair
- Color Board: Brown and Ivory Inspiration
- Pretty in Pink Inspiration Board
- Inspiration Board: Raspberry and Teal
- Color Board: Smoke & Apricot
- Happy 4th of July!
- Sparkles and Sprinkles Bridal Shower Idea Board
- Cut Paper Inspiration Board
- Spring Green Moodboard by From Britain With Love
- Inspiration Board: Garland Décor Galore
- Inspiration Board: Wheat for Fall Weddings