Tons o’ glamour! Expects lots of Art Deco and Victorian details in 2013′s weddings. Color palettes for these weddings will feature metallic touches and deep, rich jewel tones on bridesmaids. Brides with a more minimalist look will stick to small, but sparkly accents.
Preppy color palettes will be a big trend this year, keeping weddings lively and bright. These pops of color will be incorporated not only in fashion accessories worn by the bridal party, but also in floral arrangements and centerpieces.
While vintage may be starting a slow departure as a wedding theme, it is still a major influence in bridal fashion. Traditional strapless princess gowns will give way to plenty of lace, gorgeous veils, and sleeves in all different lengths. Fashion forward brides will pass on wearing their hair down, and instead favor this season’s elegant updos.
Expect lots of sophisticated, modern styling and less “matchy-matchy” in this year’s events. Of course, weddings will still be very color palette-oriented, but the elaborate matching table decor and paper goods will be more organically chic in 2013.
More than anything, look forward to a light-hearted 2013! Weddings will have whimsical touches that are personal and fun, like a cotton candy machine for the couple who met at the state fair. Details will revolve around weddings being less of a major event and more of a fantastic party for friends and family.
We at Delightfully Engaged can’t wait for all of these trends to unfold in 2013!
- Wedding Etiquette Questions Answered!
- Contest: Enter to Win an AMAZING Honeymoon to Turtle Island, Fiji!
- Win 100 Wedding Invitation Suites from Minted!
- 5 Ways to Remind Your Guests to Use the Wedding Party App
- Win a Dream Vacation from Starwood Hawaii!
- Company-Wide Breakdown or Just a Little Harlem Shake?
- Mandalay Bay’s Dream Wedding Sweepstakes!
- MyWedding Shop: Where You Can Find Exactly What You've Been Looking For!
- Top 5 Real Weddings of 2012
- Etiquette Questions Answered!
- Wedding Inspiration From The 2013 Oscar Carpet
- Changing Your Name? Here's an Easy Way!
- Happy 4th of July!
- Big News! Free Wedding Websites from Your Fave Wedding Bloggers!
- Brendan James CD Winners and a Sneak Peek at Tomorrow's Wedding
- We Want You (and Your Love) to be the Face of mywedding!
- Looking for a Slightly Sassy Wedding Invite?
- Win a Trip to Turtle Island, Fiji!
- Offbeat Bride is Joining Us for the Summer!
- Are You Following Us On Pinterest?
- Enter to Win a Stay at Couples Resort in Ocho Rios, Jamaica!
- Tell Us Your Favorite Love Song and Win a Brendan James CD!
- A Green Wedding Giveaway from Clay Hill Farm
- The Easiest Part of Changing Your Name
- The Ultimate Valentine’s Day Giveaway – the Love Bike!