We are absolutely thrilled to introduce our newest guest blogger, Jacin from Lovely Little Details! Formerly from She Said Yes, Jacin’s blog is fresh breath of wedding air, chock-full of inspiring real weddings, photo shoots she’s styled, and, well, lovely little details.
Sometimes there is nothing that can keep two people apart – and in this case, rain, snow, sleet, ice, tornadoes and even hurricanes could not have ruined Lauren and Sal’s wedding. Despite the torrential downpours and gale force winds just days before their big day, so much rain that even their photographers, Graham and Ashley Scobey of Scobey Photography, were purchasing ponchos and extra umbrellas, just to be safe; Hurricane Earl was kind enough to step aside for these two on September 4, 2010 as they said their vows and became husband and wife on one of the beautiful days of the year.
Setting: Pomfret, Connecticut
Signature Colors: Plum, Brown, Green, Black & White
Photography: Scobey Photography
Lauren and Sal’s black-tie affair was a perfect contrast to the rustic barn setting with modern details, and not a single tradition was left behind. The glowing Bride wore a coin on the bottom of her shoe that was given to her by her mother, a Swedish tradition that signifies the mother’s knowledge that her daughter will never go without anything she needs.
The Bride and Groom recited their vows under a Chuppah overlooking a field of sunflowers in the tradition of their ancestors; first in Hebrew and Italian, and then again in English.
Head on over to Lovely Little Details to view the rest of the loveliness from Lauren and Sal’s perfect September day including rustic table settings, fields of sunflowers and a starlit sky ending to their perfect night.
- William Discusses Post Wedding Blues
- Great Gift Ideas from Beyond Beyond
- Courtney and Chris' Romantic Denver, CO Wedding by Shutterchic Photography
- Vanessa and Jeff's Rustic Arizona Destination Wedding by Keith Pitts Photography
- Derek and Courtney’s San Francisco Wedding
- A Gorgeous Vineyard Wedding from Bend the Light Photography
- DIY Project: Minimalist Paper Chain Centerpieces by Chelsea at Frolic!
- Green Bride Guide With Exciting Guest Gift Bag Ideas
- Newlywed’s Perspective: Erica and Living with the Idea of “Normal”
- Catherine and Josh's Atlanta, GA Wedding by Alea Moore Photography
- Hanaya and Darren’s Palos Verdes, CA Wedding by Adrienne Gunde Photography
- 10 Co-Ed Bachelor(ette) Parties from The Man Registry
- Erica and Falling in Love with Your Husband via “The Bachelor”
- Bride’s Perspective: Anne and Getting Her To Dos in Order
- Erica Talks About How Marriage Changes Things
- A Jaunty Polka-dot Wedding in Leeds, England by Anna Hardy
- A Beautiful Traditional Wedding by Holli B. Photography
- Newlywed Perspective: Anne's Monday Night Addiction
- Emily and Meeko’s DIY Wedding Photographed by Cameron Ingalls
- A Classic Museum Wedding by Justin DeMutlis Photography
- William: What Vintage Really Means and How to Use it in Your Wedding
- Chelsea Shows You How to Make a Peony Bouquet
- Amy and Pat's Traditional Florida Wedding by Tonya Malay Photography
- Anne Suffers From Fall Wedding Envy!
- Green Bride Guide: 5 Ways to Green Your Garden