This eco-friendly, Etsy-rrific wedding has me so inspired! Margaret and JR planned a wedding filled with charming details courtesy of Etsy (I am sure I will be featuring a few of these shop in the weeks to come–so great!) and local vendors. If you are planning a woodsy or rustic-chic affair, this wedding should be immediately pinned! Thank you so much to the lovely Alixann Loosle for sharing this gem with us!
What was your vision for your wedding?
My husband and I tried to keep our wedding as eco-friendly as possible. The location we chose, Log Haven, implements green practices and supports sustainability and conservation. Our invitations, from Wood Chick Studios, were created using finely sliced wood that comes from sustainably harvested trees in the US, a method which uses less energy and resources than paper.
Any DIY projects?
My mom created my hairpiece for me using materials from her and my grandmother’s wedding dresses.
What was the most meaningful part of the day?
The most meaningful part of our wedding was just having our two families be together in the same place. My family lives on the East Coast, and my husband’s family lives in California. This was the first time everyone got to meet each other, which was very special for us.
Did anything funny or out of the ordinary happen?
Our officiant got a little excited and started the ceremony before I had even started to walk down the aisle! Then, right as the ceremony started, a bug flew up the outside sheer layer of my dress, and my husband had to swat it out for me.
Any advice for new brides?
Before making any decisions, just take the time to flip through some magazines and read through some wedding blogs in order to get some general inspiration. Having an overall idea of how you want your wedding to be will help in choosing the details.
Photographer: Alixann Loosle Photography
Venue and catering: Log Haven
Invitations: Wood Chick Studios
Groom and Groomsmen’s Attire: Macy’s
Flowers: Branches Event Floral
Photobooth: A Day to Remember Receptions
DJ: All Star Events
Cake: Carrie’s Cakes
Ceremony Music: Michael Lucarelli
Cake topper: CinnamonBirds
- Amanda and Sean's Traditional Tampa, FL Real Wedding by K & K Photography
- Crissy and Adam's Pretty Indianapolis, IN Wedding by Megan Wynn Photography
- Caroline and Frank’s Sophisticated Walt Disney Concert Hall Wedding by Perpixel Photo
- Kelly and Patrick's St. Partick's Day Wedding by Ever After Visuals
- A Glamorous Real Wedding from Fri at Wedding Nouveau
- A Lovely Wedding Video from One of Our Favorite Bloggers
- A Stylish Fusion Wedding from Fri at Wedding Nouveau
- Keith and Alicia’s Special Day
- Danna & Brian’s Fort Worth, TX Museum Wedding from Brooke Schwab Photography
- Crystal and Jon's Lovely Country Club Wedding by Sweetwater Portraits
- Becca and Matt's Sweet Houston, TX Wedding by Christine Gosch Photography
- February's Top 5 Favorite Wedding Details
- Karen and Stephen's Sophisticated Newport Beach, CA Destination Wedding by KLK Photography
- Maharani Weddings Explains the Holud Ceremony
- A Very Sunny Bridal Shoot from Lori Anderson Photography
- Sara and Jake’s Arizona Golf Course Wedding by Danielle Daigle Photography
- An Artsy New Orleans Backyard Wedding from Offbeat Bride
- Cleopatra Wedding Inspiration Shoot by Siegel Thurston Photography
- A Gorgeous Vineyard Wedding from Bend the Light Photography
- Top 5 Favorite Ceremony Venues from April's Real Weddings
- Brittany and Alex's Pretty Southern California Wedding by Cole Joseph Photography
- A Classic Wedding with Surprising Details by Munroe Photography
- Memo and Lisa’s Southwest Chic Wedding
- My Top 5 Favorite Real Weddings of 2011
- Katie and Brent's Charleston, SC Rehearsal Dinner by Juliet Elizabeth Photography