From the moment I laid eyes on this couple, I fell madly in love with all the festive details and with their zest for each other. There was no turning back, as my quest to learn more about Kristy and Rodrigo became all consuming. I was introduced to the work of Martine Cotton, and have been an avid fan ever since.
Today’s real wedding inspiration is the ultimate carnival quilt woven together by the laughter of close family, the shutters of a beachfront chapel, the symphony of Portuguese dialogue and the tropical palette of a Far North Queensland port. For Australian bride – Kristy, and her Brazilian beau – Rodrigo, It was all hands on deck on September 4, 2010, for their DIYD (Do-It-Yourself-Destination) affair, in which most of the details were coordinated remotely, or designed by the bride.
The day kicked off with a very intimate ceremony for 55 invited guests. the ceremony was held in a restored 1800′s chapel, complete with wooden shutters, luscious green foliage and creaky wooden floors.
A hop, skip and sunshade-sportin’ strut later, the reception unfolded to a very different and festive tune in which family and friends converged at a coastal resort and danced the night away, carnival style. This wedding was featured in the summer issue of Wedding Nouveau magazine and now you can see the conclusion in part 2 of Kristy and Rodrigo’s wedding, here.
- Gorgeous Mexican Wedding by Fer Juaristi
- Brittany and Alex's Pretty Southern California Wedding by Cole Joseph Photography
- A Perfect Pink & Navy Southern Wedding by ABJ Photography
- Mitch and Tara’s San Luis Obispo Outdoor Wedding
- Invite the Guys to a Couple's Shower from The Man Registry
- Wednesday Link Round Up with Snippet and Ink
- Sweet Bridesmaid Bouquets from Chelsea at Frolic!
- Green Bride Guide: 5 Ways to Green Your Garden
- A Barefoot Maui Wedding from Offbeat Bride
- Stephanie and Brian's Gorgeous St. Louis Wedding by MNC Photography
- Newlywed Perspective: First Year Anniversary Gifts
- Margaret and JR's Rustic Chic Salt Lake City, UT Wedding by Alixann Loosle Photography
- Mandy and Parker's Charming St. Louis Real Wedding by Hawes Photography
- Favorite DIY: Cozy Votive Candles from Chelsea at Frolic
- Crissy and Adam's Pretty Indianapolis, IN Wedding by Megan Wynn Photography
- Polly and Mick’s Laid-Back Outdoor Wedding by Kate Belle Photography
- Green Bride Guide: Jewelry That Tells a Story
- Philippines Engagement Session with Our October Couple of the Month
- Sarah and Ted's Art Museum Real Wedding by Jessica Love Photography
- Cleopatra Wedding Inspiration Shoot by Siegel Thurston Photography
- DIY Project: Gingham Apple Favors from Chelsea at Frolic!
- Sarah and Ahmd’s Elegant Egyptian Wedding from Wedding Nouveau
- Newlywed Perspective: Erica and Dividing Up Chores
- Erica Takes on Cooking for Her Family
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Diamonds