Finding the perfect wedding band to complement your engagement ring can be difficult. Blue Nile suggests finding a band that mimics and enhances the style of the engagement ring. If you get one that is completely different, it might detract from the beauty of your engagement ring. For example, this ornate ring above would go well with an equally fine-designed wedding band (below).
This engagement ring is not quite as ornate as the one above, but still has a lot of sparkle! Give the overall look even more power by pairing it with a band (below) that coordinates so flawlessly with the band of the engagement ring, that people may not even realize they are two separate pieces.
What to do if you are going with a solitaire? Just like the previous two examples, go with a band that reflects the style of the engagement ring. Here, the focus is the solitaire popping out against the sleek metal. Give that solitaire even more value by going with a solid band (below) rather than making it compete with an additional row of stones.
Find each piece of jewelry here:
It totally feels like a Friday to me today. My brain is frazzled and wandering, unable to focus on all the tasks at hand. So in my meandering, I came across the following as an attempt to avoid my very full email box:
1. I want this Tiffany purse. A lot. More than is reasonable. I just can’t justify spending this much on a purse when I ate canned soup three times last week because I was so broke. Or can I? Please, someone, help me rationalize this.
2. Ultimate bachelorette party accessory: hair tinsel. It is like a party for your hair. Super sparkly fun.
3. Fall beauty trend I love: the return of the magnificent updo. Everything about this trend is awesome because it is both ladylike and rebellious all at once. Trend I hate: spider lashes. Seriously? It looks like your mascara is six months old. I refuse to get behind this one. What’s next? Too-dark foundation lines along your jaw? Just say no.
4. As you might be able to tell from that last rant, I desperately need a vacay and New Orleans has been calling by name lately. I want to sip on chicory coffee as I bury my face into a paper bag full of beignets. Preferably while sitting on a balcony over Bourbon Street.
5. Sara won our Blue Nile contest and I am totally envious of her haul of leaf chandelier earrings. Congrats, Sara!
Photo credit: Jen Stewart Photography (yes, I picked this photo because of the pie)