Try these modern but cozy votive holders for a winter wedding! They look beautiful and sculptural when illuminated.
Cost: 50 cents a piece.
simple glass votive holders
yarn (we used cashmere which was just $2 for a roll at Michael’s)
double stick tape
1. Wrap double stick tape around votive holders. We used about 2 -3 rows per votive and spaced them out.
2. Stick the yarn vertically across the tape and then start wrapping it horizontally around the candle, leaving the long strand visible.
3. Keep wrapping yarn around the candle until it’s covered almost all the glass. The yarn shouldn’t be in rows, just wrap it haphazardly around the votive holder.
4. When you are done wrapping the yarn, take the end and tie it to the first piece. Trim the ends off and tuck the knot.
Don’t make the rows of yarn too symmetrical or perfect it looks best when it’s a little messy!
- Inspiration Board: Wedding Signage
- Stylish Fascinators from Preston & Olivia
- Our Newest Guest Blogger Anne on Getting Engaged and Organized
- Channing and Cara’s Tropical Wedding in Guanacaste, Costa Rica
- Green Bride Guide: 5 Eco-Friendly and Non-Traditional Bouquet Ideas
- Perfect Peacock Inspiration Board by Offbeat Bride
- Newlywed Perspective: Anne's Monday Night Addiction
- Tips for Organizing Your Wedding Planning
- Michael and Julia’s Intimate San Diego Wedding
- Reader Décor Ideas and Giveaway Winners!
- William Fogler with Seating Card Ideas for Your Reception
- Alissa and Rich’s Rustic Elegant Affair in Los Olivos, CA
- Spring Wedding Bouquet Centerpiece from Chelsea at Frolic!
- DIY Project: How to Make a Daisy Chain by Chelsea at Frolic!
- Cherries Flowers
- Inspiration Board: Fiesta Flair
- A Very Royal Dream Palette from Fri at Wedding Nouveau
- DIY Wedding Crafts from Paper + Cup and a Book Giveaway!
- Newlywed Perspective: Anne Makes Goals
- William Fogler Talks About Color Matching and Balance
- Painted Fruit Place Cards from Chelsea at Frolic!
- Bride’s Perspective: Anne and the Wedding “Lull”
- Anne’s Countdown to the Wedding Begins!
- Color Board: Champagne Anyone?
- Cake on a Stick! Offbeat Bride Brings Us an Alternative to Traditional Cupcakes