Here are some tips about how to make this favorite childhood craft work for a wedding! These pretty garlands can be used as flower crowns for the bride, bridesmaid, or flower girls or as centerpieces, chair decorations, or strewn across your reception hall. Cost is around $10 per 3 foot garland.
Clippers or box cutter
Floral tape (optional)
- Clip the stems shorter or longer, depending on how full you want the garland. Short for full, long for more sparse.
- Make a slit in the stem of each daisy with a box cutter or your fingernail.
- Attach them to each other by poking each stem through the slit so the blossom rests on the stem.
- Secure with floral tape if needed.
- Spritz with water, wrap garlands in cellophane and keep in fridge overnight.
Tips: You must use daisy chrysanthemums which are available through grocery stores and florists. Wildflowers or marguerite daisies will not hold up. Make the day before or morning of.
Buy it: Any florist in the mywedding.com directory could help you.
Oh, how we love Frolic! Chelsea’s daily inspiration blog is always chock-full of pretty ideas that feel effortless and chic. So, we’re so happy that she is posting DIY projects that are easy to do while packing a big punch.
- William Fogler Talks Eco-Conscious Thank You Cards
- Green Bride Guide: Make Your Nails Picture Perfect!
- Green Bride Guide with 3 Steps to a Green Wedding Menu
- Beautiful Chair Covers courtesy of Maharani Weddings
- Inspiration Board: A Modern Carnival Theme
- William's Advice on How to Build Your Guest List
- Green Bride Guide Shares Eco-Friendly Venue Ideas
- A Denver, CO Bright & Urban Yellow-Hued Wedding
- How to Help Plan a Wedding
- Amazing Cocktail Dresses For Your Reception from Offbeat Bride
- Sustainable Sightseeing: How to Tour Ecologically Sensitive Areas
- Pretty Pastel French Macaron Favors from Chelsea at Frolic
- Erica and Making New Year’s Resolutions as a Couple
- Sponsored Post: Top 5 Ways to Improve Your Event from Rental HQ
- Anne’s DIY Project Adventure
- DIY Project: Vegetable Starts Wedding Favors from Chelsea at Frolic!
- Inspiration Board: Fiesta Flair
- Summer Wedding Centerpieces from Green Bride Guide
- Eco-Friendly Wedding Dresses from Green Bride Guide
- Tiny Invites That Make a Big Impression from Offbeat Bride
- William Answers Questions on Receiving Line, Where to Find Pearls and More!
- Newlywed Perspective: Erica and Dividing Up Chores
- Anne With Tough Weddings to Plan For
- Newlywed Perspective: Anne Talks About the Importance of Sharing Common Interests
- Inspiration Board: Adding a Military Touch