Something old, something new,
Something borrowed, something blue
And something silver for you!
If you’re meddling around thrift stores, antique markets and garage sales you can easily find fabulous personalized touches. Treasures such as vintage silver plated tea sets, sugar bowls and candy dishes are easy finds, inexpensive and oh-so-elegant in wedding décor. As a greener alternative, purchasing used items adds a dash of something soulful to your wedding too.
To create your centerpiece you’ll want to build a collection of objects similar in shape and size; consider tea sets of similar scale but varying design. Filled with floral and grouped together, they are stunning and sophisticated. Bargain blooms such as baby’s breath and carnations, used en masse love to live in these stylish pots. However, make sure your containers are at least three inches deep if you are using them for arrangements – definitely consult your florist first!
Three piece tea sets can be as low as $5.00 making them a steal, just keep in mind, most used silver requires polishing to truly shine. Totally tarnished is not so pretty, but a bit of patina can add pizzazz. Use a non-toxic baking soda bath to soak the crud off or consider an eco-friendly dip such as Earth Friendly’s Silver Polish.
Sustainably chic, your carbon foot print will be significantly smaller because of your efforts. And in order to keep the cycle of reusing going, treat them as favors at the end of your event. Give your pieces as gifts to your most special guests (grandmothers, aunts and godparents) as sweet surprises that create lasting keepsakes they will remember forever.
William owns WM Events.
- Erica Talks About How Marriage Changes Things
- A Fantastically DIY Backyard Wedding from Offbeat Bride
- Sponsored Post: Ways to Romance Your Special Someone for Valentine's Day...At Any Budget
- Modern + Mini Chocolate Cakes from Chelsea at Frolic!
- Offbeat Bride DIY Project: Scrabble Tile Keychain Wedding Favors
- Erica Takes on Cooking for Her Family
- William Discusses Post Wedding Blues
- Green Bride Guide: Eco-Friendly Proposal Ideas
- Bridal Shower Inspiration Board: Picnic in the Shade
- What Were Your Plans on Valentine's Day?
- Inspiration Board: Fiesta Flair
- Jason and Lisa's Ocean Cliff Wedding in Newport, RI
- Bride’s Perspective: Anne and Perfecting Her Wedding Invitations
- Bride Blogger: To Veil or Not to Veil
- A Fun San Francisco Rainy Day Engagement Session from Offbeat Bride & Grandeur Photography
- William Fogler with Seating Card Ideas for Your Reception
- Etsy Round-Up: Fun Wedding Cake Toppers!
- Inspiration Board: Beach Themed Wedding
- Just in Case You Need to Show Up Late for a Ceremony
- Wednesday Link Round Up with Snippet and Ink
- Green Bride Guide: Make Your Nails Picture Perfect!
- Easy Garden Favors from Chelsea at Frolic!
- William Fogler on How to Handle Unexpected Guests
- Newlywed Perspective: Anne's Wedding Photos Arrive!
- Wedding Etiquette: William Offers Advice on Destination Weddings