When it comes to planning out the details of a wedding the two things I’d be likely to focus on would be the food and the cake. (My guests would eat well!) I know there are a lot of dessert and sweet table trends but, regardless of what variety of sweets I might consider, a wedding cake would still hold court for me. The harder part would be deciding which kind. This would especially ring true if I had to pick from all of the gloriously beautiful options created by Maggie Austin.
Each cake is individually tailored by this amazing Washington D.C.-based pastry artisan and what an artist Maggie is! From an elegantly spare but anything-but-traditional asymmetrical white 2-tier design to an elaborate Tiffany stained glass-inspired floral beauty, the former ballet dancer seems to have no limit in her ability to create one breathtaking couture cake after another. Truly a feast for all the senses!
- Color Board: Black as Night
- Inspiration Board: Cookie Buffets
- Color Board: Brown and Ivory Inspiration
- Anne and The Power of Cupcakes
- A Not So Spooky Color Board: Orange and Black
- Katie and Nick's Elegant Colorado Mountain Wedding
- Joe and Beth Tie the Knot in Cherry Creek, CO
- Kris and Kristen's Vintage Inspired Wedding by Alea Moore
- Cake Gallery: Halloween Inspired Nuptials
- Roman and Lauren Marry in Pennsylvania
- Modern Wedding Cakes (with some Pizzazz) from Erica O’Brien Cake Design
- Color Board: Winter White
- Sharing the Love for Valentine’s Day
- Wedding Cake Advice from Popular Bakeries in Austin, TX
- Ginny and Kyle’s Summer Wedding in Los Angeles, CA
- Friday Chocolate Break!
- Display Your Wedding Cake!
- Inspiration Board: Pies, Pies, Pies!
- The Coolest and Most Cheerful Pink and Orange Sweet Table Ever
- Alternatives to a Traditional Wedding Cake
- Color Board: Clementine and Pool
- Color Board: That Which We Call a Rose
- Groom's Cakes Inspiration Board
- Palm Springs Lawn Wedding by Beautiful Day Photography
- Inspiration Board: Beach Themed Wedding