I know…why would you want to cover up the gown you spent so long shopping for? But hear me out—sometimes a lady needs a little something extra on the day of. Because you may suddenly feel modest in front of 150 of your closest friends…and your grandpa. Or perhaps it’s a little colder than you thought it might be at your outdoor wedding. And maybe, just maybe, you’re suddenly wondering if you need a bit more glam (the answer to that question, by the way, is always YES.)
Don’t believe me? Look upon the radiant Georgina Chapman on the Oscar red carpet last month. What takes a simple look up a notch is the accessory—a capelet in this case.
[Photo: Michael Buckner/Getty Images]
Worried you won’t be able to find something to match your dress? Fear not. Whether you’re having a vintage wedding, need something sweetly romantic or want something more modern, there’s a bridal cover-up for every style. Here are a few of our favorites, plus two real brides who show a distinct flair for personal style in their cover-up choices! (p.s. Budget-savvy brides, take note! Kim’s sparkly sequin cardi is from H&M.)
Credits (top to bottom):
- Derek and Courtney’s San Francisco Wedding
- Alternative Wedding Registry Ideas
- A Mid-Week Round-Up to Get Us to the Holidays
- Great Gatsby Wedding Inspiration
- Engagement Party Gift Ideas
- Princess Lasertron Felt Bridal Accessories
- Editor's Picks: USABride
- Cool Wedding Ideas From Around the Nation (and Canada!)
- Meeko and Emily’s Hilltop Wedding in Tiburon, CA
- An Inspiration Board That’s All About the Ruffle
- Holiday Gift Ideas for Your New Mother-in-Law (or Mom)
- Wednesday Link Round Up with Snippet and Ink
- Ryan and Liz Marry in Malibu, CA
- Inspiration Board: What to Wear to a Luncheon Shower
- Easy, Pretty Wedding Dresses from Project Runway's Carol Hannah
- Cyber Monday Wedding Deals Round-up!
- Sensational Head Pieces and Veils from Johanna Johnson
- Eco-friendly Heart Plugs from Omerica
- A Chanukah Gift Guide from the Wedding Yentas
- Romantic, Natural Crowns and Tiaras from Which Goose
- Angee W. Bridal Clutches
- Bridal Cover-Up Fun!
- Part 2: Dresses for Your Engagement Parties
- Black Friday Favorites!
- Inspiration Board: Lace and Romance