If your dress needs a little more oomph, consider adding a handmade sash, a jute belt, or a beautiful arrangement of colored peace silk flowers to adorn the top or bottom of your dress. Just a little pop of color, a touch of classic antique crystal, or even semi-precious stones will do the trick.
Look for re-purposed dress embellishments or create your own to capture you special style. If you don’t want to add any color to a traditional white gown, look for an elegant white pearl sash or a white jacket made from organic cotton. If you have a strapless dress you can play up that simple neckline with a sash that stretches from just above your hip to your shoulder. This can complement any dress, and will make you feel unique and beautiful.
About the author:
GBG’s CEO, Kate L. Harrison, has a JD in Environmental Law and a Master’s from Yale in Environmental Policy. She planned her own green wedding in 2007 and wrote the best selling green wedding book The Green Bride Guide: How to Plan an Earth-Friendly Wedding on Any Budget. In 2009, she founded www.greenbrideguide.com to help couples use their weddings to promote social and environmental change while supporting the local green economy.
- A Rustic & Traditional Black Tie Affair from Jacin at Lovely Little Details
- Inspiration from Real British Brides from Rock My Wedding
- A Chanukah Gift Guide from the Wedding Yentas
- Sponsored Post: Have Fun with Anne Kristine Accessories!
- A Barefoot Maui Wedding from Offbeat Bride
- A Frighteningly Chic Nightmare Before Christmas from Offbeat Bride
- Newlywed Perspective: Anne’s Sick Day Adventure
- Handmade Accessories, Gifts and Décor from EmersonMade
- Liz & Shawn's Damask Wedding from Offbeat Bride
- Newlywed Perspective: One Year Lessons from Anne
- Anne Encourages You to Use Pinterest
- Anne Admires Holiday Weddings
- Perfectly Pretty Petal and Print
- Sarah and Ahmd’s Elegant Egyptian Wedding from Wedding Nouveau
- Newlywed Perspective: Erica and Losing a Pet
- Great Gatsby Wedding Inspiration
- Tiny Invites That Make a Big Impression from Offbeat Bride
- Snippet and Ink Gets the Weekend Going with Friday Links
- Grey Flower Arrangements from Chelsea at Frolic!
- Five Simple Way to Green Your Wedding Attire from the Green Bride Guide
- Newlywed Perspective: Anne and Her Husband Brave Costco
- A Glamorous Real Wedding from Fri at Wedding Nouveau
- Newlywed Perspective: Anne's Wedding Photos Arrive!
- Green Bride Guide with 3 Steps to a Green Wedding Menu
- Erica and Feeling Strong Loyalties for Your Husband