That’s all I can do every time I see a photo of Grace Kelly in her wedding gown. She was, and is, the epitome of bridal beauty—a true princess (she did marry a prince, after all) and quite probably the most emulated bride of the modern era.
So it comes as no surprise that one of the biggest bridal trends for 2013 is an abundance of lace. We love lace because it’s romantic, classic and demure. Many runway shows at this fall’s Bridal Fashion Week showcased lace covering up necklines and on long-sleeved gowns—a likely nod to the most popular bride of the past year, Kate Middleton, but also harkening back to a time when brides like Kelly, Lucille Ball and Elizabeth Taylor all wore dresses that symbolized both restraint and chastity, as well as an opulent attention to detail.
What do you think of the lace trend, and a more covered bodice? Is this a style for your wedding day, or did you choose a different style?
- A Jaunty Polka-dot Wedding in Leeds, England by Anna Hardy
- Top 5 Favorite Bridal Looks From This Summer's Real Weddings
- Cuba and Anna's Offbeat Very Community-Oriented Wedding
- Crave vs. Save: The Dress
- How Your Venue and Theme Can Influence Your Wedding Dress
- Candy Anthony Rocks the Short, Vintage Wedding Dress
- Salvage Life Vintage Wedding Dresses
- Channing and Cara’s Tropical Wedding in Guanacaste, Costa Rica
- Rachel and Darren’s Romantic DIY Wedding by Maggie Heinzel-Neel
- Green Bride Guide: Fall Trends for Brides
- The Easy Simplicity of J. Crew Wedding Dresses
- Jason and Leena’s Stunning Pittsburgh Wedding
- Katerina Bocci's Spring 2011 Collection - Sneak Peek!
- Inspiration from the Rumored Royal Dress Designers
- Fashion-Forward Wedding Dresses with Offbeat Bride & Kimmy Ratican
- Belles and Whistles: Wedding Looks from Kate Spade
- Derek and Courtney’s San Francisco Wedding
- Color Board: Hot Pink and Black
- Remembering Manuel Mota, Creative Director of Pronovias
- Latest Love Affair: Sleeves
- Elegantly Simple Wedding Dresses from Justina McCaffrey
- How to Find THE Dress: Begin by Browsing
- Eco-friendly Dresses by Lindee Daniel from Bridal Market
- Elliot and Heather Marry in Jackson, MS
- Easy, Pretty Wedding Dresses from Project Runway's Carol Hannah