Full disclosure: when I started writing this post, I had Kate Middleton in mind. It wasn’t until I was halfway done that I realized her wedding actually took place in 2011. Time really does fly, doesn’t it?
Thankfully, there were lots of weddings this year and while every bride was gorgeous in her own right, these ladies were the standouts in 2012:
Bridesmaid’s star Ellie Kemper wore a classic lace sheath at her NYC wedding (though she wouldn’t tell anyone who designed it, so if you know and are willing to share with us, we’ll tell Santa you’ve been super-good this year). Jessica Biel chose a fluffy pink Giambattista Valli gown for her marriage to Justin Timberlake, and a totally unique Amber Tamblyn wore yellow (again, no designer…we see a potential new trend for 2013) and went barefoot at her outdoor wedding to David Cross. What we love about each of these celebrity bridal gowns is that they are unique to the bride herself—each one speaks volumes about her personality, confidence and style!
Many of the brides featured in our Real Weddings this year also chose gowns that were truly breathtaking.
Kelly looked ethereal in a draped Grecian gown by Vera Wang White, perfect for an outdoor wedding at a botanic garden.
A fully beaded Lazaro dress may seem like a lot, but Christina pulled it off effortlessly with a soft scalloped-lace veil at her elegant Miami wedding.
Nikki wed on the beach in St. John in a dress for the ages (also Vera Wang)—we love the juxtaposition of such a regal gown in a simple setting.
So, what do you think of our choices for the best bridal looks of the year? Did you have a favorite we missed? Let us know!
- Belles and Whistles: Wedding Looks from Kate Spade
- Color Board: Ivory and Maroon
- Offbeat Bride is Joining Us for the Summer!
- Fashion-Forward Wedding Dresses with Offbeat Bride & Kimmy Ratican
- Roman and Lauren Marry in Pennsylvania
- Lisa and Elissa’s Modern Wedding from Kelly at So You’re EnGAYged
- A Vacation to Tahiti and the Society Islands? Yes, Please!
- A Jaunty Polka-dot Wedding in Leeds, England by Anna Hardy
- Saying Yes to The Recycled Dress
- Kris and Kristen's Vintage Inspired Wedding by Alea Moore
- Bride’s Perspective: Anne and the Hunt the Perfect Wedding Dress
- Great New Charity: Tornado Took My Dress
- Cuba and Anna's Offbeat Very Community-Oriented Wedding
- Mywedding.com has a Brand-New App!
- Karen Hendrix’s Gorgeous 2011 Spring Collection from Bridal Market
- How to Find THE Dress: Begin by Browsing
- Help Support Japan’s Disaster Relief with For Japan With Love
- Blog Giveaway: Awesome New Journal from Chronicle Books, “The Story of Us”
- Green Bride Guide Tips: Spring 2012 Unveiled
- Green Bride Guide: Eco-Friendly Wedding Dress Advice
- Glamorous Wedding Gowns from Ugo Zaldi
- Matt and Miriam in Port Jefferson, New York
- Cruise Advice from Our Recent Winner of an Azamara Brazilian Cruise!
- Black Friday Favorites!
- Sponsored Post: Win Free Personalized Totes for Your Wedding Party!