We’ve all heard the advice: tailor your choice in wedding gown to the type of event you’re having. But why not switch it up and take inspiration from your bridal fashion when planning reception details? A sweet, simple strapless number sets the mood perfectly for a rustic twilight dinner lit by Edison bulbs.
The unabashedly girly bodice on this dress begs for similarly playful decor. A muted, natural palette lets the whimsical sensibility shine through, and a butterfly’s wings even reflect the pleated collar of the gown.
Long sleeves, antiqued lace, and a flower circlet: this look reminds me of my mother’s 70′s style in the best possible way. A mix of dried and live flowers in mountain meadow hues completes the romantic hippie vibe.
A short and drapey dress suggests a casual daytime affair. Florals in bright primary colors and milkglass vases have a cheerful–almost retro–effect in keeping with the outfit’s vintage appeal.
Make an elegant statement in a grand ballgown, and complement it with an equally erudite book motif. If you’re really nerdy detail-oriented like me, you could get excited about how the spines of the books echo the wavy ruffles of the skirt.
Finally, summon a little country sass with a snug mini dress, then soften the effect by setting the table with calico and ceramics. It’s part honkytonk, part Sunday at Granny’s, and 100% adorable
Image Credits: 1. Keefer Photography 2. Jose Villa for Once Wed 3. Jagger Photography 4. Merci New York 5. Heather Curiel Weddings 6. Clayton Austin via Green Wedding Shoes 7. Shelly Kroeger 8. Jose Villa 9. Olivia Leigh 10. Jessica Claire for Honey and Poppies 11. Trent Bailey 12. Beth Helmstetter Events via Style Me Pretty
Anne blogs about beautiful things over on The City Sage.
- Green Bride Guide: Eco-Friendly Proposal Ideas
- Green Bride Guide: Farmer's Market Favors
- Anne With Tough Weddings to Plan For
- Erica and Toasting 2010 in the New Year
- William's Advice on How to Build Your Guest List
- Group Wedding Planning: Good Idea or Recipe for Disaster?
- Bride’s Perspective: Anne and the Hunt the Perfect Wedding Dress
- Color Board: Royal Purples and Blues
- Anne Discusses Wedding Planning Stress
- William Answers Your Questions on Family Situations and First Dance Etiquette
- Cassandra and Joshua’s Farm Wedding from forget.me.knot.weddings
- DIY Bridesmaid Invitations from Chelsea at Frolic
- Gorgeous Indian Wedding from Maharani Weddings
- Offbeat Bride Brings Us Fun Invitation Ideas from Minted
- Sustainable Sightseeing: How to Tour Ecologically Sensitive Areas
- A Winter Wedding Wonderland with Green Bride Guide
- Inspiration Board: Sweet Tables
- A Kwanzaa Inspiration Board from Wedding Nouveau
- Meeko and Emily’s Hilltop Wedding in Tiburon, CA
- George and Dina’s Russian Wedding in Tbilisi, Georgia
- Bride’s Perspective: Anne’s Gratitude for Pre-Wedding Help
- Inspiration Board: A Modern Carnival Theme
- Color Board: Red, Peach, & Brown
- Cute Pumpkin Favors from Chelsea at Frolic!
- Green Bride Guide: Top Winter Wedding Trends