Erin from Host-It Notes hosts the ultimate party blog, full of ideas, inspiration and DIY tutorials for just about every kind of party. So, you can imagine we’re totally over the moon with the gorgeous bridal shower inspiration shoot she’s put together exclusively for Delightfully Engaged!
Citrus Spa Bridal Shower Inspiration Shoot
Pamper your family and friends, not to mention the bride, with a citrus spa themed bridal shower. Let orange, yellow and lime green be the colors of the day. Incorporate fresh citrus fruits into your decor. To give your event that relaxing spa feel, mix in other greens like bamboo or live plants and ferns Dim the lights and play soothing instrumental music. Use aromatic ingredients in your food like lemon, ginger, mint sprigs and cucumber slices. Keep your dishes clean and simple. I served up lightly dressed soba noodles, a mandarin orange salad, and ginger chicken salad sandwiches with wasabi mayo and cilantro. For dessert offer up something citrus like lemon sorbet or key lime pie. Favors can include citrus tea in handmade paper boxes like those seen here, terry cloth backed eye masks, and bath salts. Terry cloth is a terrific way to add that spa feel to your event. Instead of bathrobes and towels, use strips of colorful terry cloth where you would normally use ribbons. Looking to splurge? Why not hire a masseuse to offer 15 minute shoulder massages to interested guests? A Citrus Spa theme is also great for brides looking to have a special spa day with their bridesmaids before the wedding day.
Photography: Nissa Nicole
- A Sparkly Purple Shoes Farm Wedding from Offbeat Bride
- Bridal Shower Inspiration Board: Picnic in the Shade
- The Man Registry with Pinterest Tips for Grooms
- Register Green with Green Bride Guide
- Newlywed Perspective: Anne and Practical Wedding Planning Advice
- Citrus Spa Themed Bridal Shower Inspiration Shoot by Erin from Host-It Notes
- Chelsea Shows Us How to Create a Vintage Saucer Centerpiece
- 10 Co-Ed Bachelor(ette) Parties from The Man Registry
- Anne Remembers What Weddings Are All About
- Alice in Wonderland Inspiration Board from Offbeat Bride
- Wedding Etiquette: William Offers Advice on Destination Weddings
- Anne Gives Advice on Wedding Dress Shopping
- William Fogler Talks Seating Arrangements with Divorced Parents
- Grey Flower Arrangements from Chelsea at Frolic!
- DIY Project: Minimalist Paper Chain Centerpieces by Chelsea at Frolic!
- Newlywed Perspective: Anne Loves Personality Tests!
- Green Bride Guide: Sweet Sustainable Summer
- DIY Flag Save the Date from Chelsea at Frolic
- How to Plan a Wedding With a Perfectionist Partner from Offbeat Bride Ashley
- Erica Shares Tidbits From Her First 113 Days of Marriage
- Newlywed Perspective: Anne Talks About the Importance of Sharing Common Interests
- End of Week Links with Kathryn from Snippet and Ink
- Easy Table Numbers by Chelsea from Frolic
- Pretty Pastel French Macaron Favors from Chelsea at Frolic
- Spring Wedding Bouquet Centerpiece from Chelsea at Frolic!