mywedding.com is an informative and inspirational wedding resource that offers relevant, quality, and customizable resources, empowering every bride to create a wedding celebration that is uniquely hers. By combining local synergy with global reach, mywedding.com successfully connects engaged couples (and their family and friends) with local, national and international wedding professionals.
Originally founded in 2003, mywedding.com quickly became one of the largest and most trusted online wedding planning resources, bringing bridal couples information and inspiration from around the world. Utilizing proprietary SaaS technology for content management and marketing solutions, mywedding.com makes wedding planning easy and fun for couples while providing highly targeted advertising to product and service providers.
Our culture is rooted in our core values of Inspiration, Collaboration, Commitment, Relationship and Bliss. Our talented employees continue to accomplish great things together, leading to local and national recognition. Ranked among the top 100 Colorado companies in this year’s Inc. 5000 report on the fastest growing U.S. companies, our steady growth since 2007 has also earned the coveted Five-Time Inc. 5000 Honor Roll status, a complement to last’s years selection as one of ColoradoBiz Magazine’s 2012 Colorado Companies to Watch.
To apply for a position below, email a cover letter and résumé to the email address listed. Please be sure to list the job title in the subject line of your email.
If you don’t see a position you are interested in, but think you might be a great addition to our team, send your cover letter telling us what kind of position you’re interested in and a résumé to email@example.com with "General Application" in the subject line.
Current available positions:
Location: Castle Rock, CO
We are currently recruiting sales professionals to call upon wedding vendors and offer advertising solutions for their businesses. Sales employees are recognized and celebrated at mywedding.com and work together as part of a stellar team that covers not just North America, but across the globe! These openings are on our local sales team covering territories in the U.S. and abroad.
The average sales consultant makes 75-100 phone calls a day, so for your sake and ours, you need to be comfortable talking on the phone and confident in your ability to manage the sales cycle from cold calling through close over the phone. In addition to acquiring new business, this position will also manage and renew an existing book of business.
You absolutely must have:
- A positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Previous telesales experience and an understanding of the sales cycle
- A knack for developing and maintaining relationships over the phone
- Competency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), the internet, and conducting online presentations
- Experience selling online advertising is a plus, as is experience within the wedding/event planning industry.
Sales positions are located in our Castle Rock office. Candidates with a successful track record of selling from a home based position may be considered for a work from home position.
To apply, submit a cover letter and résumé with “Advertising Consultant” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Castle Rock, CO office
We’re recruiting a talented Marketing Manager who is a self-starter to drive the mywedding.com communications, branding and public relations strategy by managing marketing communications, social media efforts, blog and content partner relationships, content strategies, contests, and other methods to drive traffic to mywedding.com. This role works with all members of the marketing and sales departments to develop brand awareness with both bridal and vendor audiences, generating inbound traffic and encouraging product adoption while ensuring consistency in voice and cultivating a social media referral network.
- Work closely with marketing leadership to develop, refine and implement the communications and social media strategy, coordinating with stakeholders across the Company.
- Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities, including online advocacy, community-outreach efforts, contests, and promotions.
- Monitor trends in social media and online communities to aide in editorial planning and brainstorming on communication strategies and tactics.
- Manage presence at bridal events, including logistics, collateral and contests with the goal of expanding our reach into the bridal market.
- Look for networking opportunities with bloggers and industry experts via conferences, online groups and other areas for collaboration.
- Marketing experience at a consumer Internet or mobile company
- Must be an outgoing self-starter who can own and drive initiatives without detailed direction.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships with internal staff and outside partners or industry leaders.
- In-depth understanding of social media tools and deployment strategies to capitalize on traffic generation and branding opportunities through social media.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, the Internet, and Photoshop
To apply, submit a cover letter and résumé with “Marketing Manager” in the subject line to email@example.com.
Location: Castle Rock, CO office
- Collaborate to define and implement the software architecture.
- Work with business owners to understand and implement product requirements.
- Deliver high quality, well commented, and unit tested code they are proud to have peer reviewed.
- Review peer code to ensure the same from colleagues.
- Thrive in Agile, Scrum, and Kanban environments.
- Off-hour and weekend work may be required as business needs dictate (but isn’t part of the ordinary routine).
Required Core Competencies:
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented programming and MVC frameworks (Experience with Zend Framework a plus)
- Proficient knowledge of front-end performance testing and optimization techniques
- Advocate for web development best practices
- Understands and works with REST APIs
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Strong technical knowledge of LAMP database design and enterprise system software architecture.
- Strong technical knowledge of current LAMP based software, hardware, protocols, standards, and best practices.
- Substantial web development experience.
- Experience working with Solr
- Experience working with MongoDB
- Experience with Jira or similar story tracking tools.
- Experience in data modeling and SQL.
- A passion to create an excellent user experience and realistic business solutions.
To apply, submit a cover letter and résumé with “Sr. Software Developer” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Castle Rock, CO
We’re recruiting a talented Product Manager to continue our mission of delivering inspired online products that meet the needs of bridal couples, their guests, wedding vendors and our partners, with an emphasis on delivering outstanding user experiences. You will be responsible for defining and communicating product features and functionality while balancing a range of business priorities. This position will also need to evaluate and communicate financial impacts of potential products and features.
You will need to understand the underlying needs and wants of our bridal couples as well as our vendors. Using this deep understanding of our clients, you translate those desires into product experiences. You refine those experiences collaboratively with the couples, vendors, and internal stakeholders then capture the results into well-defined feature stories. You are able to identify and define KPIs for the product collaboratively with the key stakeholders, and are comfortable working towards and having your performance evaluated based on those KPIs.
- Effectively identifies and communicates relevant product deficiencies and prioritizes product development accordingly
- Understands functional product/technical requirements to successfully bridge the gap between the “big picture” and actionable technology items
- Deep understanding of the mywedding brand and audience which guides product development
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises to meet changing needs and requirements
- Engages in continuous data analysis to identify positive and negative trends in product performance, using these trends to drive product prioritization and development
- Facilitates team meetings effectively – holds regular status meetings with project teams
- Resolves and/or escalates uses in a timely fashion ensuring relevancy
- Defines and communicates product release requirements
- Defines and communicates product utility to all arms of the organization, fostering understanding of the product positioning, key benefits, and target consumer
- Understands revenue models and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly
- Collaborates in crafting most appropriate mywedding sales pricing model
- Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, margins, and utilization
- Ability to provide necessary leadership throughout the entire product lifecycle
- Substantial product management experience at a consumer Internet or mobile company
- Knowledge of:
- Product development lifecycle
- Internet business models
- Information and interaction design
- Technology development methodologies
- Search engine optimization
- Web analytics
- A/B and multivariate testing
- User profiling, testing, and surveying
- Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures
- Maintains an awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagement
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience within the bridal and young woman market a plus
To apply, submit a cover letter and résumé with “Product Manager” in the subject line to email@example.com.