Your bridal party can now rent the perfect dresses and return them with ease. There's no more wondering if the expensive dress you want your friends to sport can actually be worn again! These 5 companies rent bridesmaid dresses and will guide you through the entire process of selecting, renting, and returning.
- Rent the Runway stocks clothes from over 300 designers, so your party will be the best dressed of the season. Shop from the bridesmaid section or nab a dress from the general collection. Customer reviews and photos help bridesmaids pick the right size (a backup size can be purchased for a fee). Rent for a selected time period (4 or 8 days) and select how far in advance the dress should arrive. Afterwards, ship the dress back or return it to one of their stores.
- Vow to Be Chic. If you're looking for a rental site that offers beautiful designer dresses in a variety of colors, Vow to Be Chic will be perfect for your wedding party. Browse the collection and get free advice from the consultation team. Select dresses for each bridesmaid and email invites so they know which dress to rent. They can select their size (and a backup) and receive their dresses 2 weeks prior to the wedding. Then, ship dresses back for free after the big day.
- Weddington Way. The website's virtual showroom is the next best thing to shopping with your friends in real life. The site allows you to invite your 'maids into the showroom, where everyone can chat about their favorite styles and colors. Through the showroom feature, brides can keep tabs on which of her ladies have completed their order. The wedding party members don't get to try on their bridesmaid dresses in an at-home session, but most can be exchanged.
- Union Station has a hands-on approach from beginning to end. Brides can select up to 3 free fabric swatches to determine the perfect color. Once the dress and color are determined, she can register her bridal party online at the company's website. Union Station emails each bridesmaid to determine fit and will send out 2 dresses (her requested size and a backup). They keep the dresses until after the wedding and ship the clothes back. All dresses are designed by Union Station, so you don't have the wide variety by designers that you can find in other places.
- Hera Rentals. After selecting a dress, you can schedule an in-home trial session. The trial session does incur a fee, but you can get the fee back once you place a full order. During the trial session, your bridal party will each be sent two different sizes to try on; they can determine which size they prefer before returning both dresses in the prepaid packaging. A week before your wedding, the bridesmaids' dresses arrive at your doorstep in the selected sizes. They wear and return the dresses in the prepaid mailer. The selection here isn't extensive, but there are short and long options from brands such as Nicole Miller and Mamie + James.