White wedding dresses have been taking the back seat to dresses with a pop of color for awhile now. These 15 brides add a non-traditional twist and a lot of edge by rocking black wedding dresses on their big day.
1. Three-quarter sleeves and lots of tulle? Yes, please! Adding a statement necklace is just the icing on the cake.
2. There is something about a long one-shouldered wrap dress that just screams sophistication.
3. Adding a sheer black floral layer to a traditional white wedding gown is the perfect way to create a unique look.
4. It's hard to even focus on how very cool this wedding dress is because we're distracted by the adorable couple. This bride is a pro at turning a dark outfit into a light and playful look.
5. This black and champagne dress is everything that we've been dreaming about.
6. It doesn't get more sexy than a little bit of black lace. Complete the look with a bold lip and a vibrant bouquet and it doesn't get more modern than that.
7. This feathered trumpet gown is perfection. It completely steals the show because it is surrounded by cream details.
8. We are definitely suckers for tulle. The more tulle the better and this strapless number certainly doesn't disappoint.
9. Ruffles. Need we say more? This show-stopping strapless gown gives off the perfect moody vibe.
10. Cut out dresses are a sleek way to show off some skin on your wedding day. Edgy meets chic with this gorgeous gown.
11. Actress Shenae Grimes absolutely rocked this black Vera Wang gown. The deep halter neckline really plays up the whole bad girl vibe.
12. Add a little contrast to your all black wedding dress by incorporating a rhinestone or gem detail like the bride above.
13. This bombshell of a bride really pulled off a classy and non-traditional look.
14. The elegance of this empire waist wedding dress is so dreamy that we can't stop staring.
15. This bride went a little punk rock princess in a full ruffled skirt and beautiful strapless neckline.
Credits: Jenny Cuerel Photography | Coralie Beatrix | Millie B Photography | Vivian Chen Photography | Michael Segal Photography | Vanessa Velez | John & Joseph Photography | Alea Lovely Photography | Christina Carroll | Cleo and Clementine | Shenae Grimes | Amber Knowles | Jen Huang Photography | Love My Dress | Betsy Johnson