When you're planning a wedding, there is no doubt that the bride and the dress steal the show. You put a lot of time and research into finding the perfect wedding dress to match your bridal style so there is no shame in showing it off!
1. Once you're all done up with your hair and makeup, make sure that you get a photo of the whole effect from your bouquet to your shoes.
2. Sometimes the back details are the most beautiful. Whether you're walking away or posing near your ceremony venue, a back shot of your dress (and your hairstyle!) is a must.
3. One of the more traditional photographs to add to your list is of the gown hanging in front of a mirror. It's a great way to show off all the details of your gown before all the hustle and bustle begins.
4. Your dress might have buttons, zippers, snaps or clasps. Whichever it is, make sure to get a close up photo of putting your dress on. It is the last finishing touch before you're ready to walk down the aisle.
5. We admit that your hair and makeup is very important on your wedding day, but sometimes you need to let the dress speak for itself. A shot of the gown from the shoulders down will allow it to shine in all its glory.
6. A side photo to show off the dress from all angles is an absolute must. It's your day to steal the spotlight!
7. Get a little help from your friends! Let your bridesmaids help you with all the last minute details such as straightening your train and strapping your shoes. Make sure the photographer's there to capture the moment.
8. If you are wearing a dress with a statement back, show it off! Include your groom in the fun for extra-cute photos.
9. A veil completes the look of a traditional wedding dress. Get a close up of the lace or other trim details for a sweet memory.
10. When your groom first sees you in your wedding dress, it's a magical moment. Have your photographer snap a photo of his face during your first look.
11. A dress with a train demands attention. Capturing the train in all its glory is pretty mandatory.
12. Show off your shoes while still incorporating the details of your dress - especially if it's full of glitter and sequins!
13. Standing in front of a window is a romantic gesture that gets the light just right. Plus, it's another great opportunity to show off the back details of your dress.
14. Share a special moment with your flower girl before the chaos begins. Hanging your dresses next to each other is such a cute idea that you can both cherish for years to come.
15. If your wedding dress is filled with intricate and delicate details do not miss an opportunity to zoom in and capture them all!
16. Hanging up your bridesmaids dresses next to your wedding dress will give a completed look of your bridal style.
17. Taking the time to get photographs with your mom while you are getting ready can be very important to some brides. Have your photographer capture the emotional moment that is shared between the two of you.
18. This beaded wonder was worn at a magical Bali destination wedding. Photos of wedding dresses on hangers - especially with an interesting backdrop like this one - are great because you get to see the full view of the dress and your photographer can snap them while you're relaxing or continuing to get ready.
19. Not every bride is brave enough to wear ruffles. If you've decided to go for it - flaunt them proudly and make sure you capture them in a photo!
Credits: Corbin Gurkin | Eric McVey | Matt Blum | Erin Hearts Court | Jose Villa | Karen Willis Holmes | Milk Photography | Silvie Gil Photography | Kate Ignatowski | Thomas Steibl | Badgley Mischka | K & K Photography | Deer Pearl Flowers | Sortra | Kina Wicks | Jennifer Childress Photography | Govinda Rumi | Monique Lhullier