Mountain Meadows Lodge is located on Kent Pond near Gifford Woods State Park. The Appalachian Trail crosses the property, and access to the Long Trail is nearby. From the lakeside lodge you can take a short hike to nearby waterfalls or set out on an all-day excursion. Hiking guides and maps are available at the lodge.
These gold courses are so close you can get in a round or two on Saturday morning if you want!
and Disc Golf! http://www.basecampvt.com/basecampvt/Disc_Golf.html
Long Trail Brewery is right down the street. Go take a tour and get a sample- and one for us as well! http://www.longtrail.com/
If it has been a rainy summer, we would recommend a river tube ride- so fun!
Tweed River Tubing 802-746-8977
Vermont River Tubing 802-746-8106
Get a fishing license online before your visit (http://www.vtfishandwildlife.com/buylicense.cfm) and you can fish the stocked trout and bass in Kent Lake outside the lodge. They even have some children's fishing poles to use.
There is so much to do in Vermont in the summer. If you are considering extending your stay beyond the wedding weekend, here are some activities to consider.
* Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Factory Tour
* Billings Farm and Museum: A genuine working Vermont farm
* Cabot Creamery cheese making tour
* Montshire Museum of Science: hands-on science exhibits
* New England Maple Museum: learn how maple syrup is made
* Rock of Ages Quarries: Tour a working quarry
* President Calvin Coolidge Birthplace
* Shelburne Museum: 45 acres of exhibits
* Sugarbush Farm: Cheese and syrup made here
* UVM Morgan Horse Farm
* Vermont Marble Museum: geology exhibits and more
* Vermont Teddy Bear Company Factory Tour
* VINS Nature Center: Bird exhibits, nature center, workshops
* Heritage Hills Farm: Horse-drawn sleigh and carriage rides