This will obviously be more up to date when the times gets closer. So check back from time to time.
Thursday, April 02, 2009 | 7pm
We are not sure where we will have the rehearsal dinner yet. We will update the page when we know more.
Saturday, April 04, 2009 | 3:30pm
Duncan Memorial Chapel
5600 Old Floydsburg Road
Crestwood, KY 40014
Here is a little info about the chapel-
The Memorial & It's Development
When Alexander E. Duncan's wife, Flora, died in 1936, their home was in Baltimore, where he had founded the Commercial Credit Company 24 years earlier. But his thoughts went back to the time of their marriage in 1900 and to the place where they spent their first three years together, Crestwood, Kentucky, 18 miles northeast of Louisville.
And because he was reared on a farm nearby, Mr. Duncan knew that in the village of Floydsburg, a mile southeast of Crestwood, lay the rolling grounds of one of Kentucky's oldest cemeteries. There, as a memorial to his wife, he built the Duncan Memorial Chapel in 1936-37, at the same time enlarging and landscaping the cemetery as a memorial to his grandfather, William Wesley Duncan, and to that branch of the Duncan Family, of which Alexander E. Duncan was the only surviving male member with the family name. The Chapel was dedicated on October 24, 1937. Flora Ross Duncan was buried in the Chapel's chancel; upon his death in 1972, Mr. Duncan was buried beside her.
The architectural style chosen for the Chapel by Louisville architect Fred H. Elswick was Early English Gothic, with transept and nave. The Chapel and the wall around the Cemetery are of native stone, gathered from old fences on the surrounding countryside. Mr. Duncan chose a boyhood friend, D. J. Abbott, and his firm, Abbott-McMillan Company of Louisville, for the Chapel's construction. Mr. Abbott died in the midst of the work. In 1958 Mr. Elswick died, and was interred in the Cemetery near the Chapel.
Inside, cut Indiana limestone lines the Chapel walls; the roof and floor are of slate. Sand-blasted white oak forms the pulpit, benches, rafters, arches and porches. A carving representing Leonardo da Vinci's "The Last Supper" on the altar is the work of F. Pecosta of Waukegan, Wis., who learned his craft in Oberammergau, Germany. A grapevine design typical of Early Gothic architecture is carved into pews, lectern and pulpit. Henry Lee Willet of Philadelphia executed the stained-glass windows; before installation, a portion of one was selected by the Rockefeller Foundation to be shown at the 1937 Paris Exposition as an outstanding example of stained-glass work in America.
An electric organ with vibrato is installed in the Chapel. And there is a Schulmerich Carillon which sounds the Westminster Chimes each hour 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. daily, then strikes the hour.
Saturday, April 04, 2009 | 5:30pm
I've Got Rhythm Dance Studio
The reception will start as soon as everyone gets there. Feel free to mingle and have a drink while waiting for the Bride and Groom to arrive!