Our guest blogger Kaitlin from The Every Hostess is back with a little bit of beach honeymoon packing inspiration. We love Kaitlin’s fashion and styling tips for every event in your life (including, of course, your wedding day) and can’t wait to see what you think of her ideas and the inspiration she shares for all of the celebrations that come along with wedding planning!
If you are headed off on a beach honeymoon and are having a hard time on what to pack, I have you covered! I’ll confess, my biggest struggle when packing for a vacation is over-packing. I mean, what woman doesn’t face this challenge? Something I have learned from my experiences is trying to pack as many versatile items as you can. You are going to the beach, and I still recommend packing those fun, colorful dresses, but you can get away with more adaptable whites, beige, blush pinks, blacks and navy while you’re there, too. Try packing things you know you are going to wear for sure (those pieces you are most excited about) along with pieces that you can wear a couple of times over again. Trust me, there is nothing worse than having an outfit crisis on your honeymoon or realizing that you packed way, way too much.
1. A cute pair of sunnies! I love these blush colored ones by Stella McCartney. They go with everything, especially neutrals.
2. A beach tote. This Gigi New York Hampton's edition tote is my all-time favorite piece for the beach. It’s the perfect size to carry all your beach accessories while not being too huge to take to lunch. The best part is that you can put your new initials on it!
3. A fun towel. While most resorts will provide you with a towel, it doesn’t hurt to bring a cute one to the beach with you. This is also the perfect accessory if you and your hubby want to do any island exploring and need a blanket to sit on or picnic blanket.
4. Small speakers. I am mildly obsessed with these Sunny Life speakers. I love listening to music on the beach and this is the perfect accessory to bring a long with you to listen to your tunes. Your smartphone just plugs in and stays on the inside so it won’t ever get wet.
5. Beauty care. Great beauty products are a must, especially sunscreen. Think about how horrifying it would be to get sunburned and have to stay in your room and hide from the sun on your honeymoon. I love this spray-on Supergoop antioxidant sunscreen from Sephora. Don’t forget a good lipstick color that you can wear the whole vacation as well as a bronzer and blush combo compact for easy makeup application!
6. Cute clothes. Pack a cute dinner dress for an evening out. I love this Chloe dress – it is neutral so will go with everything but still has a fun pop of color for the beach.
8. Simple shoes. It’s easy to overpack shoes. And, unfortunately, they take up the most space in your bag and I feel like the majority of the time I don’t end up wearing them. Pack one pair of neutral heeled sandals and a neutral pair of flats — they will work for every outfit you plan for the week!