The Brazilian Room derives its name from its rich hardwood paneling. These walls were once part of the Golden Gate International Exposition's 'World's Fair' famed Brazilian Pavilion, displayed on Treasure Island in 1939.
When the exposition ended, the paneling was presented to the East Bay Regional Park District by the country of Brazil as a gift of friendship. The paneling was transported to Tilden Regional Park, to be housed by a new permanent exterior built by the Works Progress Administration, combining local rock and timber with the beautiful walls, floors and fixtures from Brazil.
Brazilian Room Facility Amenities:
- Room Size: 32' x 54'
- Patio Size: 40' x 42', with a 12' x 18' extension
- Seating Capacity: 150 (without a dance floor)
- Standing Capacity: 225 (total, indoor and outdoor)
- Seating Capacity on patio for ceremony: 180 (we provide 150 chairs)
- Tables: (14)5' rounds, (24)6' x 30" rectangles, (1)4' round, (1)3' round, (4) high top 3' round
- Chairs: 150, stacking (white color)
- Equipment: Easel/Podium/Yamaha Upright Piano/ Audio Visual system available for rent
- Fireplace, additional fee to use
- Umbrellas with Stands (4)
Brazilian Room Kitchen Amenities:
- 12 Burner Stove/Double Ovens
- Dishwasher, Garbage Disposal
- 100 Cup Coffee Maker, 6 Coffee/Water Pitchers(let us know in advance if needed)
- Commercial Refrigerator (no freezer)
- Kitchen Cart
- 2 Ice Tubs with dollies
- Barbecue Pit (let us know in advance if needed)
Please call us for further details regarding The Brazilian Room. Information about Fern Cottage, Temescal Beach House and Shoreline Center also available.