Carl House, Extraordinary. Memorable. Events.
Built in 1903, award-winning Carl House is an elegant Southern antebellum-style home, meticulously remodeled with lavishly appointed interiors including a dramatic 4000 sq. ft. grand ballroom with porches, classic curved staircase and a charming gazebo on the property. Lush gardens and a rustic barn and surrounding pastureland all add to the ambiance of this private estate. With a host of awards, Carl House provides exquisite culinary services and offsite catering, in-house floral design, beautifully appointed bride and groom suites and inside or outside ceremony options.
“We’re often asked, why do so many brides choose Carl House over other beautiful venue locations. We realized that there are several reasons.
As an Owner operated venue, my heart and soul is in every aspect of Carl House and I’ve hired a team who love this business and brides and their families as much as I do. Understanding and executing your vision, along with meticulous attention to detail is our hallmark.
We work hard to earn your business by providing a great value with all the varied services we provide at Carl House. From in-house planning services to outstanding culinary and floral design, our aim is to help with as much or as little of the planning as you choose. We know the business and how to manage your investment carefully while providing high quality products and services in all we do.
With a background in theatre, I understand the need for a synchronized process in producing each and every event. My team and I assure that the flow of your event and all the behind the scenes details are managed with grace, care and flexibility as needed.
The uniqueness of our property speaks for itself. Our colorful and carefully manicured gardens, the historic re-build of our antebellum home, granite and wood fireplaces, spacious ballroom and classic curved staircase, which highlights your entrance as husband and wife, were all mindfully designed to accommodate your guests with gracious attention and care.
We look forward to the opportunity of serving you and your guests.”
Owner, BB Webb
Carl House was designed and renovated with beautiful weddings in mind! Our concept is to make your planning easy with the need for little additional décor or decorations. Floral and linen options are easy additions for adding your signature style to an already beautifully appointed home.
Our venue fee includes most everything you will need to make your event a grand and memorable affair. Tables, mahogany charivari chairs, flatwear, stemwear, linens, centerpieces, exquisite bride and groom suites and in-house décor and decorations. Carl House also offers:
· Two ceremony location choices, a picturesque garden setting or inside our grand ballroom. (We boast an easy rain back up plan so you will have no stress with regard to the weather)!
· A Wedding Director who will assist you with planning your complete ceremony and reception with 11 hours of service and more available as needed
· In-house Floral options and other offering such as photo booth, chocolate fountain and candy station
· Option to use your own Wedding Professionals or choose from our recommendations
· Event Manager who assures that your guests are tended to with the attention and service you deserve, allowing you and your family to not worry about important details.
· One hour of scheduled rehearsal time, preferably the day before the wedding
· Two hours for set- up and for your ceremony immediately prior to your reception
· Four full hours for your reception celebration with in-house culinary and bar service
· Two beautifully appointed dressing rooms for the wedding party with a television for the groomsman to check on the game and a picturesque and spacious pink marbled dressing room for the ladies.
· Private use of the entire estate with unmatched photographic opportunities!
“What can you say about a wedding venue that charges modest rates yet delivers an extravaganza? All you have to say is BB Webb and Carl House. My daughter selected the Carl House and my wife selected the wedding plan. After the wedding, you could not have convinced me that we didn’t spend a $100,000 … superior photographer, videographer, location, cake, food and wedding planner!!!! A five star event magical event … words could never adequately capture the memories created by BB and her staff!”
John Hunt, Father of the Bride
When you reserve Carl House for your wedding ceremony and reception, the estate is yours and just yours during that chosen timeframe! Each wedding comes with up to 11 hours of service from our in-house Wedding Director.
“I just cannot say enough good things about this place, the people, the food, the flowers and all involved!! Being a bride that was planning from 900 miles away was quite a feat, and came with its share of complications but my venue and everything involved was something I never had to worry about, knowing I was well taken care of and in fantastic hands.
I am just in awe at how sweet the entire Carl House team was along with the rest of the staff was. On the big day I was completely taken care of with my wedding director helping me with every little detail. We got the chicken and it was so yummy! Bruchetta appetizer was to die for too!! All of our guests raved about what a gorgeous venue and how smoothly everything went. If you are a bride looking for your dream venue, I have good news for you.. your search is over! THIS IS THE PLACE!”
Saturday and Sunday daytime wedding and reception times are typically from 10am-4pm. Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening weddings and reception times are typically from 5:30- 11:30pm. Customized timing is available by request and as available. The Carl House estate can be reserved in advance for a longer time, if available along with the services of our team and Wedding Director.
**Ask our Wedding and Catering Specialist about special pricing during times outside of Saturday evening. Ask too about our periodic promotions or ‘short booking’ specials. Call our office at 770-586-0095 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details!
· 2012, 2013 and 2014 “Best of Weddings” from The Knot Magazine
· “Best Place for a Wedding” from Gwinnett Magazine 9 years in a row
· 2012 “Best of Atlantabridal.com“
· 2012, 2013 “Brides Choice Award” from Weddingwire.com
· “Best of 2012 ” from Mywedding.com
· “True Love 2012” from Mywedding.com
· 2011 “Top Small Businesses” in Atlanta and the Southeast by Business Leader Magazine
· Awarded 2012, 2013 “Customer Satisfaction Award” presented by Talk of the Town News and Celebration Media, recognizing extraordinary customer service
· In 2014 Owner BB Webb was nominated as one of The Atlantan Magazine's Women of Power and Influence. In 2012 she was selected as one of 10 Top Female Leaders in North Atlanta and was also honored as Barrow County’s ‘Business Woman of the Year’.
“My new husband and I had our event at the Carl House. The estate is gorgeous beyond compare and once you have a look at the grounds there is no argument that the place is a beautiful spot to hold an event. But even more importantly, the level of service that was provided exceeded all expectations.
Every single guest complimented not only the food and the flowers (both done by the Carl House) but the entire wait staff was so sweet and attentive and helpful. Our wedding director was nothing short of a superwoman and expertly oversaw everything and made sure that the day went as planned and that everything was handled. I can't say enough kind words about how wonderful everyone at this establishment was to my family and guests and how blessed we felt to have them as part of our big day. Going anywhere else would be foolish!”
Photo by Sarah Eubanks