Built in 1928 as one of the showplaces of Austin, the elegant Commodore Perry Estate continues its historical role as the city's premier venue for social, corporate, civic, and charitable events. The Estate's buildings and extensive gardens are suitable for many occasions, whether a grand wedding and reception, an intimate rehearsal dinner, an elegant private party, or a secluded and luxurious executive retreat.
Enclosed within a private walled compound nearly ten acres in size, the Estate enjoys a degree of seclusion seldom found in such a central location. Although the property contains a chapel and other buildings associated with it's storied past, the crown jewel is undoubtedly the imposing, two-story Perry Mansion, a 10,000-square-foot structure designed in the Mediterranean Revival style by a renowned Texas architect. Its red tile roof, arched windows, fireplaces, and hand-crafted details recall an earlier, more gracious time and place, while its name honors the Austin civic leader who built it, cotton tycoon E. H. "Commodore" Perry. Set in a lush, urban oasis with rooms ranging from the grand central hall and loggia to a cozy wood-paneled library, the Commodore Perry Estate has no equal in Central Texas.