Owner and Head Designer, Sunny Lee, always knew she had a knack for anything that involved creativity. She never dreamed that this creativity could be expressed through making beautiful cakes. In June of 2001, she saw an article in the San Francisco Chronicle Magazine about an amazing Napa Valley cake baker and was completely inspired. This article would change the course of her life and her career. At the time Sunny was working as a flight attendant for United Airlines and when the events of September 11 occurred, she decided to re-evaluate her career path. A few weeks later, she enrolled at the California Culinary Academy in San Francisco where she later graduated at the top of her class, being honored with the Antonin Careme Award for excellence in culinary studies.
Since graduating, Sunny has spent the last seven years learning and growing in the pastry kitchens of the Ritz Carlton in Pasadena and Laguna Niguel as well as at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. With her knowledge of using only the freshest ingredients and her attention to detail and exposure to designs from elegant to extravagant, a cake from Filigree Cakes will not only be pleasing to your palette but beautifully crafted as well. A Filigree cake will always be baked from scratch, hand crafted with heart, and presented to you with a smile!
- Vanilla Cake with Vanilla Bavarian and Fresh Seasonal Berries*
- Chocolate Cake with Dark and White Chocolate Mousses
- Lemon Cake with Lemon Cream and Fresh Raspberries*
- Coconut Rum Cake with Coconut Cream
- Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Bavarian
- Vanilla Cake with Strawberry Cream and Fresh Strawberries*
- Chocolate Cake with a Chocolate Hazelnut layer and Chocolate Bavarian
- Kahlua Chocolate Cake with Coffee Cream
- Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Filling
- Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Filling
- German Chocolate Cake with Coconut Pecan Filling
- Vanilla Cake with Strawberry and Banana Cream
These are only recommended flavor combinations.
We are open to substitutions.
*There is an additional charge for cakes with fresh fruit fillings.
Before scheduling your wedding consultation, please be sure to know your wedding date, venue and approximate guest count. During your consultation, we will collaborate with you to design the cake you've envisioned drawing from your style and inspirations. Feel free to also bring with you any color swatches, fabrics, pictures or designs that you would like to incorporate into your cake.
We look forward to helping you celebrate your special occasion!