Music of the highest quality for your big event: that's what the Loring String Quartet guarantees with each and every performance. As musicians of the highest level, our players can adapt to any situation in order to give you the kind of musical experience you've always dreamed of. The members of the Loring String Quartet have performed extensively throughout Europe, Asia, and the US with such groups as the Minnesota Orchestra, St. Paul Chamber Orchestra, Leningrad Philharmonic, National Symphony Orchestra of Ireland, and the World Symphony Orchestra. Add to this the many years of experience our musicians have in performing for special events, and you'll be convinced that the Loring String Quartet is what you're looking for. To listen to us perform, learn more about our musicians, or to contact us, please visit our website.
What else sets the Loring String Quartet apart? We offer the following to each and every client:
• Personal Communication: When you contact the Loring String Quartet, you talk with us directly. We don't use a third party to deal with clients, or an agent who charges extra just to put you in touch with us. We deal with all of our clients directly, giving you the benefit of our experience and expertise right from the start. We know that music choices are very personal, so whether you want us to play at your ceremony, cocktail hour, and/or dinner, allow us to create the music you want to hear. There is no charge for telephone or email consultations and we are always happy to answer any questions you may have. Call or e-mail today to start your journey towards a wonderful musical experience.
• Experience: The old saying goes that you can't buy experience - well, we say you can! When you hire the Loring String Quartet, you're booking musicians who each have over 15 years of professional experience, playing for hundreds of events. We have performed at weddings that are secular, sacred, Christian, Jewish, Greek Orthodox, indoors, outdoors, traditional, unusual, original - you name it, we've played it! Our depth of experience has cultivated a flexibility that allows us to adapt to any situation. This gives you the assurance that no matter what, where, or when your event is, we can provide music that will not just complement it, it will enhance it.
• Professionalism: Music is our profession and we take a lot of pride in what we do. We strive to perform our best at every event, regardless of who it's for, where it is, or what music we play. Our professional approach is one of the things that sets us apart. We treat our clients well by responding promptly to calls and emails, always turning up on time and well prepared, and our standards of performance are second to none. We even offer a variety of dress options - whether your event is blacktie, semi-formal, or casual, we will dress accordingly. This attention to detail is all part of the service with the Loring String Quartet.
• Training: If you have visited our Bios page, you will know that our musicians have had very impressive training. From the Juilliard School to the Universities of Texas and Minnesota, Master's and Doctoral degrees, the Loring String Quartet is made up of talented, hard-working, committed musicians. Allow us to show you the product of all our hard work - we're sure you'll love what you hear!
• Repertoire: Our repertoire covers hundreds of years of composition, from the early baroque of the 1600s to the present day. Most of our clients request familiar baroque and classical works, but some have special requests that are less traditional that we always do our best to include. Call or e-mail us to discuss your musical ideas, or if you're not sure yet, we are happy to advise you on pieces to listen to to help make up your mind!
• Travel: Although we are based in Minneapolis, and most often perform within the greater Twin Cities area, we are always happy to travel far and wide to bring our music wherever it is needed. From the Black Hills of South Dakota to Lake Michigan in Wisconsin, northern Minnesota to central Iowa, our musicians have played in much of the Midwest. Additional travel fees may apply. Contact us for a customized quote.
• Extra musicians: The Loring String Quartet offers a comprehensive music service and can supply more than the members of our full quartet. If you would like to add a trumpet, harp, singer, organist, or any other instrument(s) to the quartet we can accommodate most combinations. While we do recommend the sound of the full string quartet, we do offer smaller ensembles and are happy to discuss all options with you at any time.
The Loring String Quartet performed for both of my son's weddings. In both cases, their professionalism and highly trained skills made the weddings a memorable experience. They are willing to overcome even the most difficult performance situations.
Best of luck, Loring String Quartet! You are a wonderful group.
This group has a great sound. They played for our wedding at Woodbury Central Park last September, and they filled that large indoor park with a wonderful sound.
The Loring String Quartet played at my weding in Sept '11. They played beautifully, and were a joy to work with as I picked out the ceremony music. They also played during our cocktail hour, and were very accomodating of my venue, the Five Event Center.
I can't put into words how wonderful the Loring String Quartet played at my Wedding. We wanted to give people something different rather than your usual singer at every wedding. I got married in September, 2012 and people are still talking about L.S.Q!
I want to get married just so I can have them come play!
We absolutely loved having you with us at our Christmas Services, so much so that we want you back for Easter Services as well.
The Loring String Quartet performed at my wedding and were absolutely wonderful! I had my uncle sing a song during the ceremony and they had no problem at all practicing with him before hand so that everyone felt comfortable! It was a huge success!!
Love them! They are talented, professional and their music simply touches your heart.
Recent wedding reception guests were mesmerized by the beautiful music of the Loring String Quartet. The guests were literally drawn to the music as it resounded through the Minnesota History Center. These performers are superb music professionals!
Hi, great quartet, did a great job for us
Beautiful sound and super organized! This quartet is the one...outstanding musicianship, reliable set up, excellent communication...they make the wedding so elegant. Your really do get what you pay for.
We had a trio play at our outdoor wedding in Mankato, MN. They were amazing! Conor helped us with suggestions for pieces, & the songs were beautiful. They arrived early & played well after the ceremony. I would strongly recommend them. Very professional
Pieces were performed with feeling and expertise. The timing within the ceremony was flawless. The solo performance of the Bach cello suite was beautiful and the recessional was triumphant - as ordered.
The Loring String Quartet was the perfect touch to a perfect event!
An exceptional group of very talented musicians. An inspiring sound that really 'makes' your event.
The Loring String Quartet is the perfect wedding ensemble. A dream to work with while planning, they created a beautiful environment before, during & after our ceremony. Super talented, they play modern and classic selections. You'll love them too!
Brilliant performers and such wonderful music for our special day!