Luxury Beach & Bush Safaris
Events at Mara Intrepids Camp
A 45-minutes flight over the Great Rift Valley from Nairobi the capital city of Kenya, will bring you to the enormous Masai Mara National Reserve home to Africa’s Big 5 – the elephant, buffalo, lion, leopard and rhino – and within five minutes you’ll find yourself in the very exclusive Mara Intrepids Camp.
The beautiful bespoke tented camp is set on a secluded peninsula perfectly suited for the discerning traveler. Each tent is a designer’s delight, large and spacious perched on a deck with a verandah, with three canvas sides to zip open or close for uninterrupted views of the savannah plains and the sky. An eclectic feature is the outdoor lion-claw tub perched above the banks of the Talek River. With only ten tents and children over the age of 12 allowed, this private tented camp guarantees you an unforgettable African luxury.
Mara Intrepids is eco-rated Silver by Eco-Tourism Kenya. The vast 1,510-square-kilometer wildlife reserve is set in Maasai land, once a noble warrior race with large herds of cattle. Living in co-existence with the wildlife, the best wildlife havens are found on their ancestral land. The Camp works closely with the local Maasai communities around the reserve, supporting many local projects.
Dining in the wild adds its own flavor. The menu is varied from meat to vegetarian including dietary specialties. The vegetables are organically grown in the camp yard while the meat and fish is sourced from the best suppliers adhering to eco-standards of sustainability. The three main meals are served in the dining area on the deck overlooking the river with a camp fire for the nights. A well-stocked library has a collection of all-Africana and guide books and the lounge a selection of African antiques.
You are spoilt for luxury. Early morning tea and coffee is brought to your tent before embarking on the dawn game drive – or you may brew yourself a cuppa in the tent which is fitted with a kettle and the beverages. Breakfast is a huge continental affair. Lunches and dinners are exquisite sit-down affairs. The camp offers a selection of the finest wines.
Relish the gourmet cooking in the wild – with the most romantic bush dinners under the stars or private breakfasts by the river or the plains of Africa – an amazing experience within sight of the animals. Sundowners in the savannah call for a toast to the wild as the sunsets. Outdoor recreation enthusiasts will enjoy the nature walks including bird watching in the company of the naturalist and dawn balloon safaris. Entertainment includes Maasai dances and talks in the afternoon and evening including a film show on the natural vistas.
The camp is eco-rated Silver by the Eco-tourism Society of Kenya. Each tent is fabricated with canvas and set on stilts to conserve the local vegetation. The energy needs for water heating and lighting is from the solar panels. The grey water is recycled into the campgrounds. All waste disposals save for the organic stuff is trucked to a central waste disposal plant in Nairobi. Visitors are politely asked to conserve water and not to litter.
Main attraction the 1,510-square-kilometer game reserve: 3-hour game drives – morning, mid-morning and late afternoon. Nature walks and bird walks, sundowner on the plains, bush breakfast and dinner, Visit to the Maasai homesteads and community areas, balloon safaris with champagne breakfast on landing, massages from a certified masseuse including facials, manicures and pedicures.
- Game drives in customized safari cruisers with KPSGA-certified guides
- Mara River for its hippos
- To the plains in search of the wildlife including tracking the known ‘big cat’ families
- The Kenya-Tanzania international boundary cutting through the Mara-Serengeti
- The balloon safari
World class service
- Luxurious modern tents with secluded verandas
- Small riverfront dining areas with private catering
- Freeform swimming pool with sunbathing terrace
- Conference room with business and video facilities
- Elevated game-viewing platform with bar service
- Custom-built four-wheel-drive safari vehicles
- Reliable 240-volt generator electricity supply
- Safety deposit boxes for guests’ valuables
- Board games and guests’ reference library
- Boutique with souvenirs and safari essentials
30 luxury canvas tents, all en suite with spacious shower, toilets, reading table, wardrobe and changing area. Each has a private bar and beverages stocked. Private deck at each tent with lounge chairs for relaxing with a view of the river. Hot water all day, body massage available in room or massage room. Family tents available – numbering two – each has two rooms, one with a double bed and the other two singles, complimented with a ‘common’ private lounge. Beautiful décor that reflects the surroundings.
The main restaurant is in a natural grove of forest. Part of it is under open sky and part under the thatched roof. Menu is extensive with something different every day. Bush breakfast and bush dinners are available by the banks of the Talek or on the grassland. The menu is extensive with the major cuisines offered.
Mara Intrepids offers a range of massages.
Up to three game drives a day each between three hours, balloon safaris, nature walks, bird watching, visit to the Maasai homesteads and community projects, star gazing.
Light entertainment, local Maasai dances.
Complimentary juice on arrival; personalized service; Sundowners, bush breakfast and bush dinner; full day game drive with picnic lunch.
Open all year round.
From June to Sept - famous annual migration of more than a million wildebeest tracking.
You have been planning for your nuptials and you want something different. We have an on-site wedding coordinator to help you choose where and how you want the wedding. We can also help you arrange a local ‘Maasai’ style wedding, a ‘bush’ or any other themed wedding. We assist in decorated venue selected by the couple, Sparkling wine toast with the ceremony, all registrars’ fees and the registrar himself to perform the ceremony, the marriage license and certificate and best man/witness (if required).
The lush ground around the camp are ideal for nature walks, bird watching and even a session of yoga or jogging.
Our offerings are as varied as they are bespoke. Our experienced staff will work with you to the last minute detail! Prices vary with the destination, setting and any special requirements outside the normal packages. The packages include:
- Decorated venue selected by the couple
- Sparkling wine toast with the ceremony
- All registrars’ fees and the registrar himself to perform the ceremony, the marriage license and certificate
- Best man/witness (if required)
- Three game drives daily with personal guides
- Escorted walking safaris outside the reserve
- Bush breakfasts and dinners under the stars
- Romantic sundowners on the Mara plains
- Visits to neighbouring Maasai communities
- Arrangements for dawn balloon safaris
- Transfers for fishing trips to Lake Victoria
- Private parties on the champagne terrace
- Lectures & slide shows on culture and wildlife
- Heritage’s famous Adventurers’ Club for kids and Young Rangers’ Club for intrepid teenagers.
- Complimentary Honeymoon night with Destination Wedding Booking
- N/A (outdoors)
- Local Maasai dance troupes
- Ala carte & Buffet restaurant
- Offered by our Head Chef and his team, available for large receptions or small, intimate family gathering.
- By arrangement
- Catering for private dinners and BBQs
- Boiled water and insect repellent in tents
- Telephone, e-mail, fax and postal services
- Foreign currency exchange at reception
- Single-day laundry and valet services
- Early morning calls with tea or coffee
- Complimentary airstrip transfers
- Wet towels and drinks on check-in
- Resident doctor available 24 hours
Flex body therapy for half or one hour
- Mara Intrepids is a short drive from the Mara River, where more than a million wildebeest and zebra make their perilous migration crossing every July and August. For the remainder of the year, the camp offers some of the world’s finest game viewing, with large local populations of plains game, elephants, rhinos, buffalos, and all the Big Cats.
- Located in the middle of the four game viewing areas of the Masai Mara Reserve, there opportunity gor good game viewing and birding all year through.
- Own airstrip just a quick 3-minute drive from the camp and 45 minutes flight from Nairobi
Main Attractions3-hour game drives – morning, mid-morning and late afternoon.
Secluded LocationThe beautiful bespoke tented camp is set on a secluded peninsula perfectly suited for the discerning traveler.
Award-WinningThe camp is eco-rated Silver by the Eco-tourism Society of Kenya. Each tent is fabricated with canvas and set on stilts to conserve the local vegetation.
Rooms30 luxury canvas tents, all en suite with spacious shower, toilets, reading table, wardrobe and changing area. Each has a private bar and beverages stocked.
WeddingsWe can also help you arrange a local ‘Maasai’ style wedding, a ‘bush’ or any other themed wedding. We assist in decorated venue selected by the couple.
ActivitiesUp to three game drives a day each between three hours, balloon safaris, nature walks, bird watching, visit to the Maasai homesteads and community projects, star gazing.
|On-site Catering: Yes||Outside Catering: No|
|Wedding Planner: Yes||Indoor Ceremony Available: No|
|Outdoor Ceremony Available: Yes||Bridal Suite Available: Yes|