The Tarpon Inn is located on Cotter Street, directly across from the fisherman's wharf area on Mustang Island, in Port Aransas, Texas. Prior to 1910, Port Aransas was known as Tarpon, Texas, due to the abundant schools of tarpon, in the area. The Inn was formerly a civil war barracks that was converted to The Tarpon Inn in 1886. We are proud to claim that The Tarpon Inn is the Birthplace of Texas Sport Fishing. Please contact our Creative and Event Director: Amiee Van Winkle today!