4000 Mountain Road
Stowe, VT 05672
Where Serenity and Possibility Meet
An idyllic country retreat. An awe-inspiring Vermont setting. Topnotch Resort & Spa is a place unto itself - a gracious escape on an intimate scale. We invite you to experience a tradition of New England luxury resorts, where hospitality plays front and center. And where the experience of being here is far greater than geography can define. Distinctive resort accommodations and vacation homes. Imaginative dining. Thoughtful touches, welcoming smiles.
Here, in a pristine wooded estate in Stowe, Vermont, you can play your best round of tennis - ever. Or get that Topnotch massage you've been hearing about. Or, simply relax and do nothing at all. Return to the luxury of choice... to what makes a vacation extraordinary. Topnotch Resort & Spa. Return to it.
A majestic mountainside destination in Stowe, Vermont that blends the gracious charm of a ski lodge with the luxurious amenities of a world-class resort. This is Topnotch. Much like a countryside auberge, you'll find an intimate and serene escape at our New England luxury resort - one that brings nature seamlessly into the conversation. And inspires conviviality at every turn. With only 68 rooms and 40 luxurious resort homes, and many to welcome few, our Vermont country retreat offers an unyielding focus on the hotel experience and on characteristics that separate the extraordinary from the ordinary.
Surrounded by a 120-acre wooded estate in Stowe, Vermont, our personality is defined by the close company we keep with the mountains. And by the many invitations this environment extends. Here, you can do anything (well, nearly anything) you want. Cross-country and downhill skiing (we're two miles from Mt. Mansfield). Golfing, horseback riding and sleigh rides, hiking, biking. Or escape to your balcony with a good book - or a chaise by our indoor and outdoor pools - and drink in the sights, the air, the moment.
Our Topnotch Spa is considered one of the world's top resort spas by Spa Finder, Condé Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure. And is committed to creating bliss. Tennis? With six outdoor and four indoor courts, as well as a USPTA-certified international staff, our Tennis Center is ranked one of the Top Ten U.S. Tennis Resorts. Close by, one of the most beguiling of New England towns, Stowe, Vermont, offers a legendary mix of shops, culture, cafés and hospitality.
Yes, Topnotch Resort caters to families, with attention given to activities and amenities designed to sate both two year olds and teens. And if family consists of Fido, bring him along, too. We're Topnotch, and we know how to make everyone feel at home.
Back to Us
A chance to escape, relax, and get re-acquainted with each other. Back to Us Package includes just the right special touches to let you tune out the pressures of everyday life and enjoy our awe-inspiring surroundings -- and the company of someone wonderful. A great rejuvenating retreat!
- Luxurious Overnight Accommodations
- A Welcome Amenity with Champagne and a Box of Chocolates
- One 50-minute Spa treatment per person per day (select treatments*)
- Daily access to the Spa exercise facilities, indoor pool and basic fitness classes
*Select Treatments Include
50-Minute Treatments: Aroma Mountain Massage, Seasonal Smoothie, Signature Facial, Combo Massage, Maternity Massage, Swedish Massage, Gentlemen's Facial, Thai Massage, Shiatsu Massage, Reflexology, Custom Energy Healing Session, Deluxe Foot Renewal, and Deluxe Hand Renewal. Spa packages include spa gratuities.
Destination Wedding Features
Activities: Nordic Barn Recreational Center, The Tennis Academy, Equestrian Center, Resort Trails, Majestic Spa, and Golf
Extras: One free night with a complimentary upgrade! When you book your wedding at Topnotch Resort and Spa you will receive a complimentary upgrade to a junior suite and the night of the wedding will be on us.
Indoors Capacity: Up to 150 guests in our indoor ballroom and Up to 200 in our Tent Pavilion, 68 thoughtfully appointed rooms and suites and 23 luxurious resort homes.
Dining: We believe that the art of a great meal lies in the balance between brilliant and unpretentious. That dishes at our restaurants should be memorable - and inspired by regional gifts. With locally grown ingredients. Organic wherever possible. Meats that are farm-raised, without hormones or unethical practices.
At Topnotch Resort, you'll find that art showcased daily, in dining experiences that consistently bring a fresh, approachable attitude. And celebrate the rich talent of Vermont's local cheese makers, farmers and culinary artisans. Where Vermont dining is at its best, you'll find us. Topnotch in every way.
On-Site Catering: At Topnotch, we believe the food that surrounds your celebration should be created with the same care as all your wedding details. And that it should be a reflection of the unique style you bring to your day. From an afternoon garden party with gourmet hors d'oeuvres and al fresco dining options to a dinner designed with perfect wine pairings, our goal is to help you customize your wedding menu to suit your tastes and style.
Wedding Cake: Custom prepared with your vision and style in mind – by your choice of licensed vendor.
- Managing your guest rooming list (ensuring just the right room for a range of guests, from single travelers to families with small children)
- Organizing event set-up and services
- Customizing menus and providing catering services
- Suggesting preferred vendors (e.g., flowers, cake, music/band/ DJ, photographer, group activities)
- Helping to secure a justice of the peace
- Securing appointments for spa and salon ser vices
- Steaming of suits and gowns
- Assisting with in-room gift baskets
- Arranging for all audio visual and IT needs
- Assisting with centerpieces and room decor
- Preparing wedding weather back-up plans (if wedding is set to be outside)
- Arranging airport and charter transportation
- Shuttling wedding party to outside venues for dinner or activities
- Arranging for wedding gifts (table at reception and in-room gifts)
- Babysitting during wedding ceremony/reception
- Providing late-night in-room snacks for newlyweds to enjoy when they retire for the evening
- Setting up a Bridal Turndown Service (typically a surprise) complete with flower petals on the bed, chocolates, and champagne
- Having a personal wedding song playing in your room to greet you both when you retire for the evening
- Accommodating your dog’s needs (Topnotch is dog-friendly!) and helping to include Fido as a favorite part of your celebration
- Vendor service offered through venue – catering, menu planning, wedding planning assistance, and day of coordination.
- Preferred vendors – for local florists, photographers, bakers, entertainment, officiants, and just about anything else that you can envision for your wedding.
A World of Possibilities
For generations, the charm of Stowe - with its picture-perfect village, easy Vermont style, and commanding mountain setting - has been a constant lure for travelers. Here the pace of life is easier, the scenery more sublime, the people a little friendlier. There's a wonderful charisma about this village that makes you want to linger just a little longer: locally owned shops, a wonderful array of restaurants to tempt you, music and art to cherish.
Ever-present, the awe-inspiring beauty of Mount Mansfield captivates - and inspires visitors to anchor their experience in nature. Discover the quiet bliss of snowshoeing - and a miles-long trail network for enjoying it. Launch a canoe on crystal waters, or drop a line in one of Vermont's renowned fishing streams. Our treasures run deep and live close, with each month providing its own special invitation.
Topnotch Resort brings Stowe's timeless spirit to life, and stands as Stowe's signature address. Here, there's something that inspires you to live in the moment...to live well. Four seasons a year, there is, quite simply, so much to do at our four-diamond New England resort. You choose: fresh tracks on the front four, or a book and nothing but time to read it. A gallery stroll or a latte run. We welcome you to do as much - or as little - as you like during your stay at our luxury resort in Stowe, Vermont. The sheer enormity of diversions in our corner of Vermont put Stowe on the map. At Topnotch Resort and Spa, we give you all the reasons to return again and again.
- Canoeing & Kayaking
- Dog Sledding & Dog Carting
- Horseback Riding & Carriage/Sleigh Rides
- Hot Air Balloons
- Mini Golf
- Mountain Attractions
- Museums & History
- Recreation Path
- Scenic Drives
- The Spruce Peak Performing Arts Center
ActivitiesNordic Barn Recreational Center, The Tennis Academy, Equestrian Center, Resort Trails, Majestic Spa, and Golf.
ExtrasOne free night with a complimentary upgrade! When you book your wedding at Topnotch Resort and Spa you will receive a complimentary upgrade to a junior suite and the night of the wedding will be on us.
Indoors CapacityUp to 150 guests in our indoor ballroom and Up to 200 in our Tent Pavilion, 68 thoughtfully appointed rooms and suites and 23 luxurious resort homes.
Wedding CakeCustom prepared with your vision and style in mind – by your choice of licensed vendor.
|Discounts for Guest Rooms: Yes||On-site Catering: Yes|
|Outside Catering: No||Wedding Indoor Capacity: 150|
|Wedding Outdoor Capacity: 200||Number of Events at a Time: 2|
|Reception Outdoor Capacity: 200||Reception Indoor Capacity: 150|
|On-site Wedding Cake: No||On-site Coordination: Yes|
|Wedding Planner: No||Indoor Ceremony Available: Yes|
|Outdoor Ceremony Available: Yes||Bridal Suite Available: Yes|