Luxury Beach & Bush Safaris
Events at Voyager Beach Resort
An hour’s flight from Nairobi the capital city of Kenya, you’ll be on the historical island of Mombasa that for centuries was a medieval Swahili sultanate. The Arabs and the Indians sailed in their dhows carried by the monsoon winds and the Chinese in their junks and inter-married with the locals, leaving a distinct culture. Later the Europeans sailed in enroute to ‘discovering’ the sea-route from Europe to India. Discover its enchanting history with a stroll in the old Stone Town and a stop at the 16th century Fort Jesus, built by the Portuguese. Today the ancient sultanate is a busy modern metropolis with wisps of the past.
The Voyager is fashioned like a cruise ship where once aboard you ‘sail’ to exotic destinations, anchoring at fascinating ports to revel in the cuisine and culture. The resort boasts fine ‘cabins’ and decks complete with swimming pools, bars and restaurants and a spa on the cliffs. Make this cruise a wedding or a honeymoon to remember.
Voyager Beach Resort is an award winning year-round beach resort, wedding and honeymoon destination complete with ultra-modern bespoke luxurious ‘cabins’ with every modern facility. Set on the shores of the Indian Ocean, its picturesque setting lends itself to memorable occasions like weddings and honeymoons. Consistently voted amongst the best resorts in Mombasa by independent travellers on trip Advisor, it’s rated eco-friendly. The ‘cruise’ ship is fashioned to ‘sail’ to ‘seaports’ around the world to stop at various ports of call to sample the local culture and cuisine with all restaurants unless stated, inclusive.
The resort facilities include a spa, gym, sea sports, deep sea diving, snorkeling, hairdresser including manicure and pedicure and a specialty seafood restaurant and a pizza bar.
Cabins enjoy private porches on different decks set amidst lush coastal gardens including family suites and executive suites with a lounge including dining in private, four-poster king size beds or singles. Each ‘cabin’ is stocked with a private bar, including a kettle and beverages.
The main restaurant features continental breakfast, lunch and dinner including carvery and local Swahili cuisine and international cuisines such as Chinese and Indian. The all-day pizza bar is at your disposal while the specialty seafood restaurant requires reservations.
The resort features a beautiful gift shop with merchandise sourced from the local Swahili and Mjikenda community groups and designer afro-chic. A unique feature at every Heritage property is the Adventurer’s Club for the pre teens and the Ranger’s Club for the real teens where the local naturalists will take over your young charges and guide them through this natural heritage of the wild world.
The resort is eco-rated by the Eco-tourism Society of Kenya. The energy needs for water heating and lighting is from the solar panels. The grey water is recycled into the garden grounds. Visitors are politely asked to conserve water and not to litter.
Main attraction - the beach resort offers complete relaxation, three swimming pools, secluded relaxing areas, massage parlour on the sea-cliff, specialty restaurants, beach dinner or champagne breakfast, from a certified masseuse including facials, manicures and pedicures.
- The beautiful white-powdered sand beach
- Old Stone Town and the 16th century Fort Jesus, Haller Park
- Warm tropical waters of the Indian Ocean to swim
- Sea sports or land-based
- Enchanting Swahili culture
- Three classic restaurants and all-day snacks
- Four bars, including a 24-hour lounge bar
- Sports pool and beachfront relaxation pool
- Fun pool with children’s pool and whirlpool
- Kenya’s finest coastal hotel shopping arcade
- Acclaimed salon
With 236 rooms, the ‘cabins’ range from standard garden, superior, garden, superior sea facing to deluxe suites and junior suites, with hot water all day, body massage available in room or massage room. Wedding and honeymoon suites can be arranged, complete with special decorations, wine and flowers.
Sea-facing relaxing massage parlour.
- Daily entertainments and family shows, with very special Christmas & Easter ‘round-the-world’ tours
- Two tennis courts and a sand volleyball court
- Daily volleyball and Tug-o’-War competitions
- Table tennis, pool tables, dartboard & video games
- 18-hole golf at nearby Nyali Golf & Country Club*
- Visits to Haller Park (formerly Bamburi Nature Trail), Mamba Crocodile Farm, Gedi Ruins, Fort Jesus, Mombasa Old Town and Harbour.*
- Professional scuba-diving instruction with Kenya’s leading dive centre and most qualified instructors*
- Special dives on East Africa’s largest artificial reef
- Big game fishing on our state-of-the-art fishing boat*
- Watersports Centre with modern range of watersports
- Full fleet of windsurfers, Toppers, canoes & fun-boats*
- Organised weekend sailing camps for young mariners
- Glass-bottom boat rides over magical coral reefs*
- Low-tide reef walks with special marine guides*
- Romantic dhow safaris with picnics and sundowners.*
A ‘daily cruise paper’ lists the range of activities the day before ranging from cabaret to light entertainment and local dances.
Complimentary juice on arrival; personalized service; Marquee tent on the lawn, roof-top deck and beach dinner.
Open all year round.
You have been planning for your nuptials and you want something different. We have an on-site wedding coordinator to help you choose where and how you want the wedding. We can also help you arrange a local ‘Swahili’ style wedding, a ‘beach’ or any other themed wedding. We assist in decorated venue selected by the couple, Sparkling wine toast with the ceremony, all registrars’ fees and the registrar himself to perform the ceremony, the marriage license and certificate and best man/witness (if required).
The lush grounds and the beach front at the resort are ideal for sunny swims, beach walks, reef walk, sail to Mombasa National Marine Park a few minutes off-shore, nature walks near the world-acclaimed Haller Park, bird watching and water sports at the fully decked Water Sport centre run by Buccaneer Diving.
‘Weddings in Paradise’ with oceanfront banquets, Maasai blessings, local bands, honeymoon upgrades & ‘reef ceremonies’ in the middle of the Indian Ocean!
Our offerings are as varied as they are bespoke. Our experienced staff will work with you to the last minute detail! Prices vary with the choice, setting and any special requirements outside the normal packages. The packages include:
- Decorated venue selected by the couple
- Sparkling wine toast with the ceremony
- All registrars’ fees and the registrar himself to perform the ceremony, the marriage license and certificate
Best man/witness (if required)
- Private game drives with experienced personal guides
- Walking safaris in the Mara Conservation Area
- Bush breakfasts and dinners under the stars
- Romantic sundowners in spectacular selected sites
- Visits to Maasai communities supported by the camp
- Transfers for early-morning hot air balloon rides
- Astronomy with resident naturalist with cultural interpretations
- Lectures and slide shows on Maasai culture and wildlife
- Catering for private parties and special occasions
- Complimentary Honeymoon night with Destination Wedding Booking
- N/A (outdoors)
- Ala carte restaurant, buffet
- Offered by our Head Chef and his team, available for large receptions or small, intimate family gatherings
- Haller Park (formerly Bamburi Nature Trail), Mamba Crocodile Farm, Gedi Ruins, Fort Jesus, Mombasa Old Town and Harbour.
Resort FeaturesThe resort boasts fine ‘cabins’ and decks complete with swimming pools, bars and restaurants and a spa on the cliffs.
picturesque settingSet on the shores of the Indian Ocean, its picturesque setting lends itself to memorable occasions like weddings and honeymoons.
Resort HighlightsThe resort facilities include a spa, gym, sea sports, deep sea diving, snorkeling, hairdresser including manicure and pedicure and a specialty seafood restaurant and a pizza bar.
Gift ShopThe resort features a beautiful gift shop with merchandise sourced from the local Swahili and Mjikenda community groups and designer afro-chic.
Main AttractionsThe beach resort offers complete relaxation, three swimming pools, secluded relaxing areas, massage parlour on the sea-cliff, specialty restaurants, beach dinner or champagne breakfast, from a certified masseuse including facials, manicures and pedicures.
EntertainmentA ‘daily cruise paper’ lists the range of activities the day before ranging from cabaret to light entertainment and local dances.
|On-site Catering: Yes||Outside Catering: No|
|Wedding Planner: Yes||Indoor Ceremony Available: No|
|Outdoor Ceremony Available: Yes||Bridal Suite Available: Yes|