State Road 200KM 3.2 - HC-1 Box 9368
Vieques Island ~ , Puerto Rico 00765
Escape to the gorgeous W Retreat & Spa, Vieques Island in Puerto Rico, named to Condé Nast Traveler's 2011 Hot List, Travel & Leisure's 2011 It List, and voted best Caribbean island by Travel & Leisure. Lose yourself in the tranquil island life at this Luxury Puerto Rico Resort and let the stress of the everyday recede with each wave. Frolic in our secluded natural haven and discover charmed island life amid lush landscapes. Experience R&R W-style.
Succumb to the relaxingly luxurious allure of villa living as only the W knows how. Breathtaking vistas beckon beyond your private balcony at your own exclusive beach retreat. Dive into thrilling water sports or rejuvenate at AWAY® Spa by W Hotels. Take a dip in the infinity-edged pool or immerse yourself in the wonders of the Bioluminescent Bay, the world's largest and brightest. Sample world-class cuisine by Alain Ducasse or sip a cocktail at sunset in the Living Room.
Voted Best Caribbean Island by Travel & Leisure in 2008, most of the island's secluded beaches and breathtaking coasts are off beaten tracks and on par with paradise—whether you're off-roading or trailblazing to get there, you'll discover immaculate playas in their purest form, isolated from crowds, vendors and touristy distractions. Do it all, from snorkeling, diving and sailing where every beach has its own character and personality, from family-friendly (Red Beach) and local favorite surf's up (Navio) to swimming (Sun Bay Beach near Esperanza) and completely isolated (Punta Arenas). Media Luna is perfect for picnics and swimming, Bahia la Chiva has cool kayaking, Bahia Caracas is a prime spot to be seen on the scene and Playa Grande is a hot spot for fishing. But for one of the world's most stunning natural sights, the largest bioluminescent bay at Puerto Mosquito is a perfect after-sunset activity, also home to an amazing array of native wildlife.
Beyond the beaches, choose your own island adventure from horseback riding in the mountains and mangrove tours through the Vieques National Wildlife Refuge to exploring local towns. Isabel Segunda is the largest town with the most bustle, but give up a few moments of serenity for the best variety of authentic cuisine, from burgers and fresh seafood to tapas and brunch. Or slip away into Esperanza, a tiny hamlet where you can swap surfing stories and fishing feats with local villagers over rounds of rum in an open-air bar by the sea.
Rooms: Experience the W Vieques’ accommodations ranging from a Tropical Oasis, a stylish sanctuary surrounded by lush foliage, to WOW Ocean Front Retreat, the one bedroom luxurious beachside hideaway with a panoramic ocean view from your private balcony or patio.
Dining: 4 Restaurants
- miX On The Beach: miX it up as you sit down to dine at Alain Ducasse's world-class table, as a presentation of exuberant epicurean experiences is served against breathtaking ocean views that unfurl beyond the horizon.
- WET ®: Who wants to laze by the pool soaked in sun, cool cocktail in hand and the scintillating sounds of summer in the air? We're talking magnificent views of the beach, the most happening happy hours and fresh seafood sizzling away on the grill all day.
- Living Room: Enter W Living Room, where we've knocked down the walls of traditional lobby design to create a place where you can open your mind and feel alive while indulging in cocktail socializing.
- W Café: Serving on-the-go light snacks and on-the-run chilled and hot drinks all day long, W Café has everything to power your beach escapades and tropical adventures. Forgot something? We've got it all, from essential resort goods to bedazzling accessories.
Spa & Massage: Discover the AWAY® Spa in Puerto Rico at the W Retreat & Spa - Vieques Island. Delightfully detox at AWAY with a signature massage, facial, pedicure, body treatment and more.
Activities: Onsite activities include W Beach & Whisper Cove with 2 secluded beaches, umbrellas, chaise lounges, & towels, gourmet food & beverage service, and beach ambassadors, WET ®, Plunge pool, Away ® Spa, Sweat ® Fitness Center (24/7), Swing Tennis courts, snorkeling, kayaking, water floaties, bicycle rentals, and yoga. Offsite you can experience sailing charters, horseback riding, scuba diving, hiking, and fishing.
- SWEAT ® Fitness Center: In our 2,000 square feet, state-of-the-art, fully-equipped SWEAT® Fitness Center, buff that body as you stretch high and energize. Get an adrenaline rush any hour of the day when you tone up and trim down with 24-hour access, whether greeting the sunrise with yoga on the outdoor deck or making that midnight run. Gym rats and fitness warriors will love the comprehensive array of treadmills, elliptical machines, stationary bikes and other cardio calorie busters mounted with personal TVs, Fast Track controls, and weight machines and free weights-where will you start? Need to get rhythm? Our complimentary headphones hook you up to your favorite tunes!
- Whatever/Whenever ® Service: At W Retreat & Spa - Vieques Island, your wish truly is our command with our Whatever/Whenever® service. We'll make your special moment magical and transform your dreams into reality. Whatever you want. Whenever you want it (as long as it's legal). Fees vary by service requested. Contact us for details.
Seasonal: Beautiful year round
- Planning your upcoming honeymoon? Create a stunning honeymoon registry at W Retreat & Spa - Vieques Island and design your wedding website. You'll be on your way to the honeymoon of your dreams!
- Four-course dinner for two at miX on the beach
- One $150 credit at Away Spa
- Sunset champagne toast
- Complimentary 4pm check out, based on availability
- Three night minimum length of stay required. Book online, or call 1.877.822.0000 and mention rate plan WWUV1.
- 4th Night Free
- $100 food and beverage credit
- Complimentary upgrade based upon availability at check-in
- Book by October 31, 2012, for stays through December 14, 2012
- Blackout dates apply. Book online, or call 1.877.822.0000 and reference rate plan DAILYS4 to make your reservation
- Mosquito Bay (World’s Brightest Bioluminescent Bay)
- Sun Bay Beach Park
- US Fish & Wildlife Reserve (Beaches)
- Fort Conde Mirasol
- Esperanza (Village)
- Isabel Segunda (Main Town)