615 East Front Street
Traverse City, MI 49686
Destination Weddings at West Bay Beach Resort
Nestled on a pristine sugar-sand beach on the shores of Lake Michigan, West Bay Beach - a Holiday Inn Resort offers a perfect combination of area attractions and amenities. Our convenient location within walking distance to downtown Traverse City, shopping, nightlife, art galleries, and restaurants, in addition to several parks, public beaches and the Hagerty Conference Center is why we are the premiere hotel in Traverse City.
The West Bay Beach Resort has 179 nicely appointed guest rooms, all with floor to ceiling windows, most with spectacular Bay views. As the only full service resort located on the waterfront in beautiful downtown Traverse City, we provide award-winning service in accommodations, dining, outdoor patio with nightly entertainment, a nigh club on Friday and Saturday nights, wedding receptions, Beach ceremonies, banquets and meeting planning.
The West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort is proud to announce the completion of its extensive multimillion-dollar hotel renovation. The hotel's total hotel refresh includes the renovation of its 179 guestrooms, public corridors, lobby, meeting and event space, indoor and outdoor pool area, restaurant outlets, exterior facade, and business and fitness centers.
- The Resort offers sail boat, canoe, kayak, and jet ski rentals right off the dock from the hotel; beachside fitness programs including boot camp and yoga; and poolside movies and storytelling.
- Complimentary sleeping room for the bride and groom if you book your reception with us!
- Our Leelanau Ballroom can hold a maximum of 220 guests. We can do a maximum of 150 guests for our beach ceremonies. The Resort has 179 newly renovated sleeping rooms.
- Shimmers on the Bay offers DJs and live music as well as drink specials on Friday and Saturday evenings starting at 9PM.
- Shimmer on the Bay restaurant is opened for both lunch and dinner, the restaurant features two beautiful walnut communal tables, a grand outdoor patio outfitted with cozy fire pits, and a newly redesigned bar. Guests can enjoy a carefully crafted menu that showcases classic American cuisines and fresh seafood including a shrimp martini served with sweet chili glace, steamed mussels prepared in a garlicky pesto broth, a smoked whitefish pate served with flatbreads, and a variety of local salads and pasta dishes. For breakfast, hotel guests and locals alike will also enjoy the hotel's fully renovated breakfast café, The Bistro, which features a two-way fireplace that faces the outdoor pool and will serve Starbucks® coffee.
- The resort offers on-site catering from our creative chef and a fully revamped catering menu fresh for the newly renovated resort. We also provide all of our own alcohol as well.
- We have a full list of incredible cake decorators in the Traverse City area on hand.
- Laundry, dry cleaning, personal concierge services, transportation to and form the Grand Traverse airport are all available.
- Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes National Park
- Leland's Fishtown
- Wine Tours
- Brewery Tours
- Fall Colors
- Turtle Creek Casino
- Leelanau Sands Casino
- Interlochen Arts Academy
- Dennos Museum
- Music House Museum
- Downtown historic district
- Grand Traverse Commons
- Grand Traverse Mall
- National Cherry Festival
- Traverse City Film Festival
- Horse Shows By the Bay
Festival of the Senses
|Discounts for Guest Rooms: Yes||On-site Catering: Yes|
|Outside Catering: No||Wedding Indoor Capacity: 150|
|Wedding Outdoor Capacity: 150||Number of Events at a Time: 6|
|Reception Outdoor Capacity: 100||Reception Indoor Capacity: 220|
|On-site Wedding Cake: No||On-site Coordination: Yes|
|Wedding Planner: No||Indoor Ceremony Available: Yes|
|Outdoor Ceremony Available: Yes||Bridal Suite Available: Yes|