Every bride wants to look and feel their best on their wedding day— that's a given. But at what cost? So many beauty products on the market contain harmful ingredients for your health. That's why we've put together this list of 7 simple and effective natural beauty tips that will make you feel gorgeous and healthy right in the weeks leading up to your big day.
1. Hydrate! The simplest and most important tip we have to look and feel your best on your big day? Drink plenty of water. It will make your hair shinier, your skin plumper, your fine lines less noticeable and your skin clearer. If you get bored with chugging glass after glass of plain water all day long, try adding a squeeze of orange, a slice of cucumber or bunch of mint to (literally) spice it up.
2. Put coconut oil on everything. Coconut oil is a multitasking wonder product. You can use it as a natural body moisturizer, make-up remover, hair mask, cuticle repairer and face moisturizer. Slather it anywhere that feels dry, calloused, prickly and in need of a little love.
3. Try activated charcoal. Activated charcoal contains small pores that suck impurities out of anything it touches. Mix a scoop of the powder with some water and apply it to your face for a natural pore cleanser. Or, if you're looking to brighten your pearly whites, make a paste with water and apply it to your teeth for about 10 minutes. It'll take surface stains off quickly.
4. Dry brush for a dope honeymoon. There's no better time to jump on the dry brushing trend than when you're about to be in a bikini for seven days straight. You only need a wooden handled, soft bristled brush (like the kind you'd find at a spa or in the Target beauty aisle) and 10 minutes every morning. You simply brush your entire body, always sweeping toward your heart, to get the incredible benefits (we're talking more energy, clear skin, diminished cellulite and reduced inflammation).
5. Get serious about serums. Whether you're choosing an all-natural serum from Sephora or making your own, incorporating a nourishing serum into your skincare regimen is clutch for a clear skin wedding day. Serums are meant to be applied after cleansing but before moisturizing to deliver super powerful, concentrated active ingredients like Vitamin C, Hylaronic Acid, Vitamin E, green tea and Retinol straight to your skin. We recommend figuring out your favorite serum a few months prior to your wedding day, since different active ingredients can impact everyone's skin differently.
6. Scrub up with coffee. Coffee grounds are an amazing natural exfoliant and contain skin-renewing antioxidants that'll leave your skin looking younger and feeling smoother. We love adding coffee grounds to a mix of coconut oil and brown sugar for an all-over body scrub for the mornings leading up to your wedding day.
7. Raid your pantry and make a mask. Honey, banana, turmeric, oatmeal, avocado, milk, yogurt, lemon and cinnamon all work well together in any combination to help soothe, brighten, hydrate, clean and even skin. Take what you have, mix it together, and put it on your face for thirty minutes to get glowing. Its one of the easiest and cheapest natural beauty tips we have.