For a unique spin on the holiday-themed wedding, consider ringing in the new year by exchanging vows with your sweetie. You'll start off the year in the best way possible! Here are 5 fun ways to get your guests in the spirit of celebration during your New Year's Eve wedding.
- Have a station where your guests can write down their hopes, wishes, and resolutions for the next year. You can have them write on cards which can then be displayed on a cute bulletin board at the venue. Later, you can compile the cards for a unique spin on a traditional guest book.
- Embrace the theme with New Year's decorations. Put themed confetti on the tables, and have quirky NYE props at each place setting. If there's ever a time to embrace a little goofiness, a New Year's Eve wedding would be it, so help your guests get in the mood.
- Include a countdown to the upcoming year. Take a quick break from the revelry to have the band do a countdown in the seconds leading up to midnight. It's not Times Square, but it can still be lots of fun! Bonus points if you have a miniature sparkling ball to drop at midnight.
- Keep the party going into the early morning. Many receptions end by 11 p.m., but see if your venue will allow you to extend your rental hours. Since your guests will be at your wedding in lieu of a New Year's Eve bash, make it a memorable way for them to ring in the coming year.
- Incorporate the past year's most memorable moments into your photo booth props. From iconic public figures to internet sensations, each year is always defined by certain people. Instead of the usual crazy hats, boas, and oversized sunglasses, let your guests choose from popular sayings on signs, masks and wigs so they can dress up as notable celebrities, and enlarged pictures of the year's best memes. You'll have a fun way to remember your guests and the past year.