There's glammed-up 20's-style fringe, eye-catching metallic fringe and then, of course, everyone's favorite, DIY-able fringe (full disclosure: we're toying with the idea of a fringe focused DIY for our next magazine...but there are almost too many options to choose from). While the inspiration below might not help you narrow down your fringe decor choices for your wedding, it will definitely help you see all the many uses of a good bit of fringe — and why we can't seem to get enough of this playful wedding detail.
2. Fringe Love Sign: Speaking of signs, this giant "love" one has us dreaming of some pretty fantastic hanging installation. We also think it would make for an awesome grown-up piñata.
3. White Aisle Garland: A little bit chunkier (and slightly more rustic) than paper fringe, this DIY fabric fringe garland is a beautiful accent for any ceremony and makes for gorgeous aisle decor, especially if you're planning to keep guests out of the aisle until the bride walks down it.
4. Wedding Cake Fringe: We've seen fringe in a lot of unique places, but we hadn't quite believed that it had a place on the dessert table. This incredible, Gatsby-inspired cake platter proves that we were so completely wrong.
5. Gold Cupcake Toppers: While these metallic fringed toppers are currently tucked into slices of cake, they would also be a bright and fun accent on individual cupcakes. Can you just picture a table covered in these sparkly details? Yes, please.
6. Drink Stirrers: Now this is a DIY for even the least crafty among us (guilty). We like the different options of fringe shown here — and either one would be extra pretty with your wedding colors and tucked into your signature drink.
7. Reception Chair Decor: So there's fringe, and then there's fringe. This is fringe, and it's an amazing way to draw attention to your chairs or sweetheart table without a bride or groom sign.
8. The Rest is History: This sign is a super bold way to incorporate fringe into your wedding decor. The bright colors can be completely customized based on your wedding color palette and the words can be modified to fit a favorite quote or a saying the two of you love. It would be perfect at the entrance to your reception or cocktail hour.
9: Ceremony Backdrop: Most of the time, we think of fringe as a kind of fun, eclectic and playful thing, but that is so not the case here. This long white fringe, which, by the way, would make the coolest ceremony backdrop while you're saying your vows, can pretty much only be described as elegant. We are actually in awe.
11. Gold Wedding Shoes: These are gold fringe shoes. Enough said.
12. Fringe-Lined Wedding Invitations: First of all, there seems to be a magical connection between fringe and gold. We don't mind. And, second of all, this is gorgeous. Why didn't we think of it first?
Credits: Ashley McCormick | Julie Harmsen Photography | Priscilla Valentina Photography | Magnolia Studios | One Lovely Day | Martha Stewart | Jen and Jonah | Steve Cowell | Feather & Stone | Arrow & Apple | Jessica Burke | Edyta Szyszlo