- 2 cups canned tart cherries, drained
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2/3 cup white sugar, divided
- cooking spray (such as Pam®)
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar, or as needed
- Mix cherries, brandy, and 1/3 cup white sugar in a bowl; let soak for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Spray a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- Remove cherries from brandy mixture using a slotted spoon and transfer to the prepared pie pan. Pour brandy mixture into a blender; add remaining 1/3 cup sugar, milk, flour, eggs, vanilla extract, lemon zest, salt, and allspice to the blender. Pulse mixture until batter is smooth; pour over cherries.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue baking until golden and puffy, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool slightly and dust with confectioners' sugar to serve.