With the wedding right around the corner, now is the time for healthy (but still delicious) meals. Thanks to allrecipes for sharing!
- 2 cups water
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 2 large cooked chicken breasts - cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Bring the water, bouillon cubes, and garlic to a boil in a saucepan. Stir in the quinoa, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Discard the garlic clove and scrape the quinoa into a large bowl.
- Gently stir the chicken, onion, bell pepper, olives, feta cheese, parsley, chives, and salt into the quinoa. Drizzle with the lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil. Stir until evenly mixed. Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold.