This quick and easy appetizer is the perfect thing to bring to the neighborhood Christmas party. Thank you to allrecipes for sharing!
12 large mushrooms
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
3 tablespoons chopped green onions
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons port wine
1 teaspoon Italian-style seasoning
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Set aside caps. Finely chop stems, discarding hard pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in mushroom caps, garlic and green onions. Cook and stir until soft, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool until easily handled.
- In a medium bowl, mix together chopped mushroom stem pieces, cream cheese, port wine, Italian-style seasoning, Parmesan cheese, Cheddar cheese, ground black pepper and hot pepper sauce.
- Stuff mushroom caps with the mushroom stem mixture. Arrange on a medium baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.