Your wedding day makeup is just as important to your overall bridal look as finding “the gown” and perfect accessories, but smudgy or faded lipstick is the last thing you need to worry about on your big day. For lip color that lasts from the first walk down the aisle to the last dance, follow these simple steps:
- Choose a lip color. Lipstick tends to last the longest, especially with all of the kiss-tested long-wearing options available. Reds are classic and a little bit vintage, plums are trendy and pinks are great for a soft, natural look.
- For a more precise look, skip the tube and start with a lip brush.
- Swipe a generous bit of lipstick on a small piece of wax paper, then using the lip brush, trace the outline of your lips with small, even brush strokes.
- Using the brush again, fill in your lips with color. The brush helps to get the pigment into every tiny crevice.
- If you like a little sheen, layer on a clear lip gloss. This will help set the color and keep it in place.
- If you prefer a matte look, blot your lips then dust with a light layer of translucent powder before adding a second coat of color.
We recommended testing a few different lipstick formulas before the wedding to find your favorite shade and finish, and to get the technique down. Check out our team’s quest for the perfect shade of red here.