5. Former NBA superstar and rebounder extraordinaire Dennis Rodman married actress and supermodel Carmen Electra in November of 1998. Amidst swirling rumors of their love, the pair tied the knot at Vegas’ Little Chapel of the Flowers. Interestingly, while Rodman opted not to wear a tuxedo at his wedding ceremony, he did wear a wedding dress on a tour to promote the release of his autobiography.
6. In one of the most unlikely weddings imaginable, Billy Bob Thornton tied the knot with Tomb Raider goddess Angelina Jolie in Vegas on May 5, 2000. The couple exchanged vows in blue jeans and it lasted until 2003, when Thornton’s fifth and Jolie’s second marriage ended in divorce.
7. Famous Actor Mickey Rooney married Eva Gardner in January of 1942. However, Rooney was far from done with wedding adventures. To date, Rooney has exchanged “I Do’s” with seven different brides, all in Vegas! Wikipedia has prepared a helpful chart showing Rooney’s marriages in chronological order, along with the children resulting from each one.
8. Film star and Vietnam War protestor Jane Fonda made headlines in 1991 when she married billionaire TV mogul Ted Turner. Unlike many of the Las Vegas weddings on this list, however, this wedding did not fizzle out for quite a while. In fact, Turner and Fonda did not separate until 2000, proving that a Las Vegas wedding can be more than just a drugs and alcohol-inspired impulse!
9. In 1966, Rat Pack member Frank Sinatra entered into a year and half long marriage to Mia Farrow in Las Vegas. Sinatra, then 50, married the 21 year old Farrow in a private ceremony that took place at the Sands. It is rumored that Sinatra stunned Farrow with divorce papers in an embarrassing stunt witnessed by everyone on the set of “Rosemary’s Baby”, which Farrow was starring in.
10. In 1989, 26 year old NBA icon Michael Jordan married 30 year old Juanita Vanoy at the Little White Wedding Chapel. The private, 10 minute wedding ceremony took place in the wee hours of the morning before a mere four guests, who witnessed Jordan give Juanita a five-karat marquise diamond ring.