15 Best Moissanite Engagement Rings
Shop The Story
Moissanite, say what? This naturally-occurring silicon carbide has a tough to pronounce name, but it’s also really rare and unforgettable once you know. The diamond-like substance was first discovered in 1893 by French scientist Henri Moissan, thus its moniker. Moissanite is one of the hardest-known substances on Earth, ranking just below diamonds in durability. With its bright appearance, moissanite makes a lovely stone for an engagement ring. People say the now lab-created stone is more fiery; in other words, your ring will sparkle like no other! Plus, moissanite is conflict-free since it is man-made, thus the environmental impact is low. You can see why moissanite engagement rings are so popular. Plus, the beautiful gem is less expensive than diamond, which means you can get a bigger stone. And there’s nothing wrong with that! Any ring you’re dreaming of comes in a moissanite variety. Read on to discover the many beautiful baubles just waiting to adorn your hand, from vintage-style designs to solitaire, oval, round, emerald and asscher cut rings.
The 15 Best Moissanite Engagement Rings
- Best Vintage-Style Ring: Annello by Kobelli Diamond Cross-Shank Band
- Best Sapphire Ring: Annello by Kobelli Round-Cut White Gold Band
- Best Splurge Ring: 6-3/4 Carat Radiant-Cut Three-Stone Band
- Best Affordable Ring: Platinum-Plated Silver Cushion Cut Band
- Best Rose Gold Ring: Miadora Crossover Band
- Best Cushion-Cut Ring: Charles & Colvard Halo Band
- Best Pear-Shaped Ring: 1.8 Carat Solitaire
- Best Solitaire Ring: Forever One 1-7/8 Carat White Gold Band
- Best Princess-Cut Ring: Forever One Solitaire
- Best Halo Ring: Forever Brilliant 14 Karat White Gold Band
- Best Emerald-Cut Ring: Forever One 14 Karat White Gold Band
- Most Unique Ring: Forever One 14 Karat White Gold Wide Band
- Best Yellow Gold Ring: Forever One Oval Band
- Best Oval-Cut Ring: Charles & Colvard White Gold Band
- Best Asscher-Cut Ring: Clara Pucci Simulated Baguette Solitaire
How to Shop for a Moissanite Engagement Ring
Shopping for a moissanite engagement ring is really no different than shopping for a diamond engagement ring. If you want moissanite, chances are you love the fiery quality of the stone and how it catches the light, producing mega-sparkle. Confession: We do, too! Browse through the rings below to see which cut and style your heart gravitates toward. We have assembled a diverse roundup of rings, from vintage-inspired to more modern-looking bands, plus cuts that range from oval to princess. You’ll start to get a sense of whether you prefer a halo-style ring, a pear-cut moissanite, or rose vs. white gold. And then it’s time to price compare, and pick your ring!
Moissanite Engagement Ring Inspiration
Again, a moissanite is going to cost less than a diamond. Our roundup ranges in price from $150 to $4,300, with all price points in between.
So a moissanite is not 100 percent colorless. Some people think it can throw a yellow or green hue. But others are so mesmerized by the rainbow-like sparkle, they don’t notice anything else. We love how moissanite stones are being set in every metal, from rose to yellow gold. Look for one style that also features sapphires.
Solitaire, three-stone, vintage, simple, ornate: No matter what style of ring you are on the hunt for, you will find it here.
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.